X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaudio
    • Jun 2004

Denon avr1705 temperature

Is it normal for the Denon avr1705 to run 115F (case temp)?. The room that it is in is about 95F. I dont remember the Pioneer 811 or the Yamaha 485 running that hot.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi James. I don't have a Denon, but that seems very hot to me. Is this temperature present only after a very intense 5.1 soundtrack played at high volume? Or is it like that at all times? Also, your room temperature is 95F? If that's accurate, then the amp is only running 20F above the ambient temperature and that isn't so problematic.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Jaudio
      • Jun 2004

David thanks for the response.

That is the temperature at idle. With 5.1 running for 1 1/2 hour at -06 dial volume(my guess is that this is a medium sound level). The room temp. is 88 and the case temp. is 107.

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Jaudio,
        My 3805 is enclosed in a DLP stand with Glass doors on it. If I am watching a movie I open up the doors on the DLP stand so that I can get some more cooling air to the receiver. It gets pretty hot in the AV area. I have not taken the temp readings though. But it is pretty darn hot after it being on for 30 minutes or so.

Does the 1705 shut off when it gets hot?

What is it sitting in? Open area? Enclosed like mine?
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Jaudio
          • Jun 2004

Snap

It hasn't shutdown.

It is sitting in a rack with no walls. In the corner of the room,which is not the best location.

Comment

• Snap
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2005

how did you take your temp readings? Can you use house hold equipment or do you have some high speed Fluke Meter or something?
            The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Jaudio
              • Jun 2004

I use an electronic indoor/outdoor thermometer. It has an attached 10ft corded monitor used for outdoor monitoring and a monitor in the liquid quartz display used for indoor monitor. I put the outdoor part goes directly on the case. The indoor part is put 8ft away. I will get the receiver and room temp.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"