X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe_s
    • Mar 2005

wilson vs paradigm signature for Home Theater

I hope to add a Home Theater (Movies and TV 90% and Musis 10%) and a Rec Room area (Movies and TV 50% and Musis 10%) A/V system. I've considered a number of options, and now hope to listen to a Wilson based system this week (Watt Puppy 7 and Sophia / Watch Center), after having focused on B&W for awhile.

Input requested on the following:
    For the Home Theater environment which will be very little music, would a Wilson based system, say based upon Sophia and Watch Center, be a noticeable upgrade vs say Paradigm Signature S8 and C5 center ?

I'm inclined (assuming the audition is positive) toward the Wilson for the Rec Room (Sophia or WP 7) but would be less than happy if this sound was, for TV / Movies, actually discernably better than that in the Home Theater.

Thanks.
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Especially for HT use, I would save a crapload of money and get S2's for your front mains. They will dissapear into your front soundstage, and give you all that great signature sound well below 80Hz. Then put the thousands you saved into a much better sub that you will need anyways (like dual SVS PB12-Plus/2's).

I would say the same goes for the C3 and C5 as well. When crossed with a sub the difference is very minor, and the money can be made to deal much more impact in other areas.

Good Luck!

EDIT:Paradigm is blowing out the Rosewood Signature speakers at 30% off right now. If that veneer is something you like you should act fast to get yourself a great deal!
    ~Nick

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

If you can spring for the wilsons then go for it, they are awsome for both HT and Music.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• LEVESQUE
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by joe_s
        For the Home Theater environment which will be very little music, would a Wilson based system, say based upon Sophia and Watch Center, be a noticeable upgrade vs say Paradigm Signature S8 and C5 center ?

For HT only, a Wilson system is overkill. For music, then it's another story.

5 (or 7) Signatures S2 with 1 or 2 powerful subs would do the trick for HT.
        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• joe_s
          • Mar 2005

Assuming the same speaker options, Wilson / Paradigm Signature.....any thoughts on multichannel amps. Dealers (for both Wilson and Paradigm) are suggesting Krell HTS....i'd thought of Anthem P5, especially for the Paradigm.

Comment

• bhuskins
            • Aug 2003

If you can afford the Wilson’s, then go for it. I wouldn't give up my Sophia's for anything...maybe for the new Martin Logan Summit’s...it's almost a toss up in my direct A/B comparisons...definitely different, but equally appealing.

Brent Huskins
            Media Design
            HT Guide Sponsor

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"