X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ash
    • Dec 2004

Arcam AVP700/P1000 or Yamaha DSP-Z9

Hello everyone, please give my your honest opinions regarding this issue, thanks.

I want to buy a new amplification and I have two choices Arcam and Yamaha.

I know that there is a new Arcam combo AVP700/P1000 and I think it's perfect for my needs; it also has HDMI, which I think is a great plus, because it will be in some ways future proof (in terms of video connectivity).

The problem is that there isn't an Arcam dealer close-by where I come from and I basically have to order it and have it sent to me. This poses a few problems to me. The first is the delivery, it will take a number of days and there is always the possibility of damage on the way. Another risk is that if the unit experiences any problems I would have to pay to send the whole unit back and pay again for it to be delivered to me.

This is a big hassle but for quite some time I was willing to do it. Furthermore, I can't expect any discounts from the Arcam dealer, as the unit I want is new and I haven't established a good relationship with him.

There is an alternative though. The best amp I can get here is the Yamaha Z9. It is supposed to be a very good amp. The price range (retail) is similar to the Arcam; however, I have an exceptionally good relationship with the Yamaha dealer that I could be able to get 25% discount. I will also have much better after sale service if a problem occurs (no need to send it to another company). It is much more convenient.

I guess my question is, with the disadvantages I have with the Arcam and the advantages I have with the Yamaha. Do you think that the Arcam would out-perform the Yamaha Z9 to a significant level that it will be worth all the hassle and risks involved with ordering? And will it be significant enough to drop a good discount on the Yamaha Z9.

Thanks a lot for you time and opinions
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

You need to visit my website!

Give me a shout. I just sold a few of these new beauties (AVP-700/P1000) to some customers. We can certainly chat about the product, customer service, etc.

Where are you located anyway?

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Ash
      • Dec 2004

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not from the States. If I were, I would have definately given you a call.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Thanks Ash....I think if you possibly swing some sort of relationship with the ARCAM dealer, you'd be VERY happy....
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"