X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sindhu
    • Feb 2005

Speaker Placement and bass management

Saw the interest genarated by the Accoustical Measurement software. BTW, you guys can go to www.harman.com, then to white papers then to archives and look at paper "getting the Bass right" (item 6 on the list) by Dr. Toole and then download the Room mode Calculator (Item 8 on the list).It is free to use. Item 6 refers to item 8 so they go together.

I got extremely satisfactory results when I used the RMC. More importantly it will tell you where in the room you MUST NOT put your speakers. Working with the Length & Width axial modes should give you good results. To manage the height mode you will need drapes / accoustical damping material etc. but your curent room may be good enough. Finer adjustments will require a SPL meter but is reserved for the nitpicker (all of us are).

But the RMC is a wonderul starting point. There is one article where Dr. Toole has run an experiment with 50 subs in one room !!

Hope this helps at least one booming soul.

Regards

Sindhu
  • Midwestchopshop
    • Nov 2005

i cant download it. Can you email it to me or something. i am really interested.
    Thanks

Comment

• yfei
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Midwestchopshop
      i cant download it. Can you email it to me or something. i am really interested.
      Thanks
      I have no problem downloading them, the list of all white papers are here:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"