X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

New Phase Tech Plasma Speakers

Hey just wanted to share Phase Tech has New Plasma Speakers! :T They are a half moon design. One for each side. They have 2 5.25 inch drivers and a 1 inch soft dome tweeter! They look cool. And for the thin wall mount speakers to mount next to a plasma they will look cool! If they keep with Phase Tech's rep they are going to sound sweet as well.

The only picture I have of them is in the new HT mag that I got this weekend. They are not even shown yet on the web site. There is an article about them on the website but the first time I saw them is in the picture in the mag!

I emailed Phase Tech and asked for pix and more info on them. The HT mag said they would list for 1400 a pair. My guess would be you could pick them up for 12-1300.

I will shoot some more info when I get them. Maybe even scan the pix and post the scanned immage for you all to see. They will come in Black and Silver.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Hey Snap,

Seems like a lot of companies are coming out with the low profile speakers for TV's doesnt it? "Very popular"

Phase Tech's are out of the running for now, I just posted in Club Klipsch about my new speakers I needed to do a trade in to recoup some $$$
    Last edited by Patt; 31 May 2005, 14:49 Tuesday.
    ......Pat

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Agreed Pat. Pinnacle has brought out some very sharp looking wall-mounting speakers designed to flank a wall-mounted plasma/LCD TV. Very sharp.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Snap
        Hey just wanted to share Phase Tech has New Plasma Speakers! :T
        I read this and was sitting there going "how do you make a plasma speaker work??? That's some serious technology."

Heh, I've GOT to have more coffee! :java: It's too early. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Snap
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2005

David,
          Most of the stuff that I have installed. People have me run the wires in the walls. And hook them up to there AV Receiver just like any other speaker. Some people hook them up to the speaker outs on the Plasma if they just want to run stereo. The Plasma Speakers are just hangning on the wall right beside the Plasma, or LCD. It is just a way for some one to have good sound and have NOTHING on the floors. Every thing can be on the walls. In some houses it really looks nice. In walls have been the speaker of choice when they do not want anything on the floor. You can get a better speaker in the in-wall that say satalites some times. How ever the sat speakers are comming a long way.

I am waiting on the Factory to send me info on the new speaker from Phase. They look pretty cool in the mag that I saw them in. Was a little bit upset that I saw them for the first time in a mag, and not in an email from the factory, but I guess that is how it works some times.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Oh no, Snap. I understand how they work with a plasma screen television. I was trying to figure out how a plasma speaker would work. :B Like I said, not enough coffee yet. . . .

Comment

• Gordon Moore
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Feb 2002

:rofl: On first read I was wondering how they incorporated plasma gas into the speaker as well :rofl:
              Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Snap
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2005

you guys are killing me!

Funny Funny. Laugh at the new guy!

You too....your time will come! hahahaha

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I'm not laughin' at you Jim. I was laughing at me. As in I need :sos:

Comment

• Azeke
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2003

Yes Jim, David needs a little help.

David you should have had enough coffee by now, wake up, wake up.

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"