How to retrieve snapped RCA pin from Servo-15?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmak
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2002

How to retrieve snapped RCA pin from Servo-15?

My wife broke-off my sub cable RCA jack pin on my Servo-15. I can't pluck it out of the jack and it looks as though I have to remove the amp panel. If I do this am I able to push the pin out from the other side.

Ken
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Ken, the servo 15 is a sealed sub, I don't think that the RCA plug would be "through" the amp module.

Comment

• autio
      • Mar 2005

I think in this situation i would drill into the broken pin with a 1/8 inch or 3/32 drill and after it went in about a 1/4 inch stop the drill , take the drill out of the chuck reinsert the bit by hand apply a small amount of lateral pressure and see if I could ease the pin out. If this doesnt work apply some super glue to the bit and then pull it out.

Comment

• kmak
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2002

Autio,

Super Glue, wish I had thought of that, great idea. I had already dropped the amp section off at the dealer, when I read your post. He won't charge much though. Onko Autio Suomalainen???

Comment

• georgev
          • Jul 2004

I was gonna say, rather take it to your local dealer who should have the expertise to remove it, as you don't wanna damage that fantastic sub.
          Don't you miss it awful.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

sorry for getting off the subject, but just wondering how would you guys rate this sub? I've seen a couple for sale as 2nd hand and was wondering if I should go for one? How much is the MSRP on these Servo 15? And we're talking about the Paradigm Servo 15 right? I've seen Velodyne's Servo based subs like the DD series, the Paradigm's is just a basic version without the auto EQ feature that Velodyne has on their DDs right?

Comment

• georgev
              • Jul 2004

It is an awesome sub. I bought two. My house will need reinforcement.
              I use it for movies and not music.
              It is a 15inch sub which moves a lot of air. It is also good with music, but performs better with movies. I used a REL before, but it gave way to these beauties.
              Poor WAF though.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

WAF is not a factor for me...I've had a SVS PB12plus/2 when I lived with my girlfriend and never had a problem and not i'm moving up myself, the size really won't be an issue at all.
                I know that it's discontinued, so what's a reasonable asking price for them?

Comment

• georgev
                  • Jul 2004

Has it been discontinued? I think it is still in production, a series 3. Check it out.

Comment

• caleb
                    • Aug 2004

Yes the servo 15 is still available.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"