X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

New Panasonic Plasmas out yet?

Anyone know when the new line of Panasonics are to be in stores?
    are the ones on the website the newere models ?
    Mitchell
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

They are avaible in June. Not sure what the model on the website is. The new model number for a 42 HDTV plasma is TH42PX50U.
    Last edited by Snap; 09 April 2005, 00:25 Saturday. Reason: wrong number entered
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

That is what I have heard too.
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

The new ones feature the glass from the current commercial 7uy. They've removed alot of the feature set in order to keep the price low. So I'd compare the 2 and decide if thsoe features are worth losing.

Comment

• Mitchell
          • Sep 2004

All my inquiries lead me to believe that Panasonic has the best qualiuty for the price and maybe the best picture second only to Fujitsu.
          My thinking is that many of the features that would be lost in a newer model are ones that are made up on the receiver end. Since we will be using a cable box and a receiver, isnt it likely that any lost features would not be missed?
          I figure I should get the best picture quality for the money.
          Does this make sense to you guys?
          Mitchell

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

I have last year's Panasonic plasma in one of my showrooms and the picture is stunning. Especially noteworthy is the picture with HDMI (cable and DVD sources).
            jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

it likely that any lost features would not be missed?
              Some of the featues lost include PIP and stuff. I would look it over first.

Personally I'd buy a commercial panel. They aren't silver either

Comment

• m_bathke
                • Mar 2005

Yeah, it makes great sense NOT to have the tuners for HD in the TV. With the cable box you get "TWO" way communication (instentanious pay per view) and you also get a program guide, where as with the cable card you just get the channel number. The price difference between built in tuners and a tv that is just a moniter is usually about $500.

The most important feature that I would want on a HDTV would be for it to have two digital inputs. One for the high-def cable box and one for a HD DVD player when they come out.

Another thing that I would consider is that on most cable companies, NOT all of there programming is Digital. Usually there basic programming is in Analog and the obviously the Digital and HD are in digital. I would really look into something where all of the programming that you are going to get is digital. Direct-tv and Dish are good solutions for All Digital programming. I would probably go with direct-tv, they offer more programming for your money and are adding HD channels as we speak. Either that or find a cable company that can offer all of your channels in digital, it makes a big difference.

Well thats my 2 cents......

Comment

• Nick M
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

I'm also looking at picking up a 42" 480p plasma monitor sometime in early summer. From what I hear, Panasonic's 7UY is supposed to be nice. I'm a DVD only watcher, and all I need are component inputs to feed with my Denon DVD-2900.
                  ~Nick

Comment

• Snap
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2005

talking to my distributor for the New Panny. Even the Home version is "gutted" THey are basically making it just a "Monitor" I have not seen it, so I am going "compleatly" on what he told me. I am not for sure what they have lost all together. I believe the tuner, and some of the other stuff.

THe good news is that is a LOT cheaper than this years model. :T MSRP is like 900 cheaper than this years model. So I am assuming that they lowered the cost for the stores, and intallers as well.

I DEFINATLEY would check it out first before buying it. Just to see what you would be getting. :B I have not even seen a real picture of the thing yet. Only artist drawing of it.
                    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Mitchell
                      • Sep 2004

Thanks everyone - Very helpful!
                      Mitchell

Comment

• NMyTree
                        • May 2004

I believe the Panasonic model numbers are the VIERA TH-50PX500, VIERA TH-42PX500 and the VIERA TH-37PX500.

I'm anxious to see these also.

I believe the TH42PX50U is a 2004 model.
                        Tony

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"