X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepEndX
    • Feb 2005

Denon 5805 upscaling

I just borrowed a demo unit from my dealer Denon 5805 to test out the upscaling feature. I used component cables and tried to see the differences between 480i vs. the upscaled images 720p and 1080i and I wasn't able to notice the differences (I went into the menu on my Infocus 7205 to verify the image was upscaled). Can anyone give me any advice? Maybe I connected something wrong like cable problem or I wasn't suppose to notice any dramatic differences (blessed ). Anyone got any more information on how the Denon 5805 upscaling feature supppose to work?
  • Steve Goff
    • Feb 2002

The 7205 and the 5805 use essentially the same Faroudja/Genesis chip for deinterlacing and scaling, so one would expect similar performance, especially if both are receiving an analog 480i signal.
    Steve Goff

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"