X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oak244
    • Feb 2005

DVD Player for my situation?

Hi, I bought my very first HT system before I even knew so many audio companies existed. Needless to say, I had to buy what I could hear locally, with the exception of my speakers which I bought blind.

Now, I have made a few changes since and these are continuing. What I have is a Yamaha RX-V2300 6.1 Receiver, Axiom M22ti's for fronts, Axiom VP-150 Center, Axiom QS8's for the surounds. My most recent change was from a Axiom sub, to a VMPS sub, in which I power with a Rotel RB-980BX bridged Mono. Oh I must say here... Awesome amp!

Now for my weak link... All I have for a sound source is a $59.00 Toshiba 1080 DVD player, which I run glass toslink cables to my amp to at least use its DAC. Now in replacing this, I will tell you what I am looking to work on.

As some may know, the Yamaha sound tends to be a bit bright (at least to me) and what I failed to know at the time I bought. To add to this, Axiom M22ti's tend to be a bit forward as well. Combined in my opinion is a "too Bright sound". What I would like to do is buy a good dvd player with good CD and DVD playback. Since I still watch movies more then listen to music on it, I still say the DVD playback is most important but I do not want a bad sounding cd sound either. I have narrowed my search down to a few "used components" and was wondering if anyone could give me some heads up on which might fit the bill? they are as follows...
    Rotel RDV-1080
    Arcam DV78
    Dennon 2900
    Sony DVP-S9000ES
    I am open to more suggestions in the $500-600 (used) range if anone might have one.

Other possible changes in the future to warm up the sound if needed, is to change the front stage speakers. Axiom owners say the M50's have a more laid back sound I might like better then, the once again forward sounding M60's. Option 2 is to change the Yamaha Receiver with a warmer sounding one. I must ask again here, since there are no local stores selling anything more then Best Buy stuff. W :huh: hat is an average price... say sub $1000 Receiver that might have the sound I am looking for?

Hope this is not too much, but answers to this will help me finalize my future plans. At this time we are working on the room itself with a new layout, and pannel building to increase the accoustics of the room.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"