X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeRocchio
    • Jan 2005

ideo quality

I'm thinking about running my video through my Denon AVR2800.

Does switching the video through an AV Receiver degrade the quality of the video signal?
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Depends on the bandwidth of the receiver. I expect the Denon has enough bandwidth to pass a good signal. However, I have always fed my dvd signals direct from the player to the projector.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

It would likely be ok for progressive DVD images but I doubt its got the bandwidth for HD material given its age.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Mike, the 2800 product sheet on Denon's site didn't spec the video bandwidth, so no help there on passing a high-def signal unimpeded. Andrew's probably correct, though. As far as using a switching device (of any kind) in a signal path, it can cause degradation of the signal but it will generally be of minimal impact. If you need the capability, I recommend trying it to see if you see a difference in your DVD output and then decide.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• MikeRocchio
          • Jan 2005

Thanks for the input I will try to find my manual and see if it specs. the bandwidth.

I was just reading around and am strarting to figure out what band width really means.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"