Speaker Recommendations for my HT ??? Anyone???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elDiablo
    • Jun 2004

Speaker Recommendations for my HT ??? Anyone???

Howdy,
    It's that time of year to upgrade!

This time around it will be my speakers (Front/Center/Rear).
    At the moment I am running Swan Diva's:
    Main: 6.1
    Center: C3
    Rear: R3

The rest of my gear is as follows:
    SUB: HSU VTF-3
    PRE: Rotel RSP-1098
    AMP: Rotel RMB-1095
    DVD: Rotel RDV-1060
    CDP: Rotel RCD-1072
    PWR: Monster Sig HTS 5100
    TV: Toshiba TW56XXXXX
    CBL: CatCables: SilverCats, KingCat, CATalinas. And Various Cables from ...

The dimensions of the room are about: 14'x21' with a 19' ceiling. One of the 21' sidewalls opens up to the rest of the house. I know this room isn't ideal for HT/Music listening... But it'll have to do until I move in about a year. The room is carpeted BTW. I'll try and get pictures if I can find my digicam.

=======================================

At the moment I beleive the speakers are my weakest link as far as equipment goes. There are many options to choose so I'm unsure which path would be best to take. I hope you can help!

1. Main: B&W N801or N802, Ctr: HTM1, SR: N805
    2. Main/Ctr/SR: B&W N805
    3. Other Brand SpkrPkg: Revel? JL Labs? Klipsch? Magnepan?

I know with any of the options I choose above, it'll leave me the option of future upgrades which include the addition of another pair of speakers to make 7.1, larger AMP (especially if I go the N801/2 route), new sub (especially with option #2), etc. When I upgrade, I normally try and leave an opening for future upgrades and keep building from there. FYI: I use this system for 50% Movies / 50% Music. I plan to spend 12-15k ...but less is better! Open to both new & used markets.

If you may have any input, please be a buddy and contribute! :T

Thanks HTG & Members ,
    Joe
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

1. Main: B&W N801or N802, Ctr: HTM1, SR: N805
    2. Main/Ctr/SR: B&W N805
    3. Other Brand SpkrPkg: Revel? JL Labs? Klipsch? Magnepan

I think speakers are highly dependent on the listener. I love the B&Ws but hate the Klipsch - I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the complete opposite.

I debated between the B&Ws, the Martin Logans, and many other brands. I thought the ML's were tremendous for many things but lacked warmth. I liked the B&Ws but they didn't seem to work as well from as many angles as the Von Schweikerts. I purchased my speakers over several years. I ended up mixing and matching which I know would cause great stress on the hearts of some readers but feel my system sounds better to me than many matching components for the same amount of money.

I use the ML for my center, the VS for my fronts and a nice pair of old magnaspheres for the rear which used to be my fronts many many years ago.
    Last edited by boe; 01 February 2005, 17:41 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"