What do you guys think of the new Media Systems?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Haskins
    • Jan 2005

What do you guys think of the new Media Systems?

I was really impressed with the features some of these are bringing to the market. It seems like if they get the price down these could eventually replace a lot of our equipment. The usability was very good.... I have to say I didn't think they could get it right until several generations but the HP unit is pretty cool at CES.

If your not familiar with them check out the HP z545.

PCMag is your complete guide to computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review tech products and services, report technology news and trends, and provide shopping advice with price comparisons.
  • TimRawson
    • Oct 2004

Check out the towers of power forum here at HTGuide. There's a lot of activity going on in the HTPC world...

Being a former pc junkie, slapped a machine together for about 600 bucks. Decided to do that rather than spend it on a 'giant killer' cd player (like music hall, rotel 1072 or used rega). The dac's in my prepro sound pretty good and figure I can get bit perfect steam out of a pc then have all my audio archived to boot and threw in some dvd archiving for instant access to kid videos.... Haven't done any extensive ab'ing to see if I can hear differences (but then again, don't have great source player to compare to).... would like to borrow a broken in music hall player from fav local dealer to see and appease the equipment junkie-itis to rest.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"