X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silver
    • Jan 2005

New Home Theatre Speakers

Hi there, I'm looking at buying some new fronts and a centre speaker for my H/T system. I've got a Yamaha RX V800 amp and a Klipsch KSW10 sub which all do the job very well. I also listen to a lot of music so they need to be able to handle both very well.
    I have been looking at Klipsch RF5's with a RC7 centre, Polk RTi12's with a CSi5 centre, Audio Pro E6's with E.4 Centre and finally KEf Q7's with a Q9 centre. These are all around the $3000NZ mark for the set. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards the Polk's at this stage.
    Thanks for any advice in advance
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

All the speakers you have mentioned are excellent choices so it comes down to which YOUR ears prefer. However, of all the three sytem choices, the Klipsch will sound more dynamic with the same amplifier.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Silver
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for that DrJRapp, I did some more testing today after reading some reviews and compared the Rti8,Rti10 and the Rti12. Man, what a huge difference. The 8's and 12's sound some much more alive and scaled than the 10's. The 10's sound like someone took a knife and trimmed off the outside of the sound envelope. The 12's are diffenately better. Still final testing tomorrow before i buy between the Klipsch and the Polk. I'll let you know how it get on

Comment

• Silver
        • Jan 2005

I ended up going with the Polks after a rather disappointing 2nd road test of the Klipsch setup. The bass seemed to be very muddy across numerous music tracks (setup possibly).
        After getting a very sharp deal from Eastern Hifi i also ended up getting a Denon 1910 DVD player (with DVI-d) and an Infocus 4805 projector as well. So much for staying within budget! :lol:

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Hi Phil, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

I'm a Yamaha fan/owner (RX-V1) and have heard several combinations of Klipsch and Yamaha over the years. In earlier years it seemed (to me at least) that this wasn't the best mix as the receivers and speakers both accentuated the highs which led to early ear (and user) fatigue. It's gotten better as the amp stages in the Yammies have improved, especially in the top-end units, but I still feel that the Polks will give you a happier long-term relationship with your Yamaha.

Happy listening.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"