X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

2 or 3 channel amp?

I may have asked this before so i appologize in advance.I have a rotel rsx1056 w/603s3 & lcr600.Will be adding 601s3 to replace my current surrounds.I plan to add an amp in the future to really bring out these spkrs.My question is should i get a 2 or 3 channel amp.I'm thinking a 3 would be better so the fronts would all be the same.I hear everyone get the 2 channel for the mains but that leaves the center open.I plan to buy used and have looked at the rotel 993 as 3 channel and the 1080 2 channel.Or not to be a pain but would a 5 channel be even better.I will be limited in my budget.And last but not least do you think i should even add an amp,would it make that much of a difference considering my receiver.My room is 19.5 x 22.5.My use is 75-80% HT/TV and 20-25% music 2 , dts,& 5 ch stereo depending on the mood.
  • mduke
    • Jan 2005

My upgrade path was to get a 3 ch first for the front speakers. It was a Bryston 5b-ST. Then Later I got the 2 ch 4b-ST for my left and right speakers. The 4b is more powerful then the 5b but it has not been a problem with the power being uneven. If you are mainly a HT person right now then the 3 ch should work fine. Trust me, a seperate amp will make a very big difference. Once you try it, you will not go back. My first reciever was the Dennon 3300. It made a very big difference. Good luck

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

A dedicated amp will be a big jump in sound quality and since you're mostly HT I'd look at either a 3 or 5 channel amp...likely a 5 channel as its more flexible later on if you ever go to 7.1 or for bi amping the mains etc....that and there's far more 5 channels amps availabled used then 3 channel

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

If i went with a 5 channel amp due to no rb993 available would the rmb1075 be good enough.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Absolutly:T

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"