X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

System/ Room tuning

Just had to chime in, we have a 7.1 system, and I had built stands (3' tall) for our surrounds (bookshelf). This was a good ear shot, height wise, no matter where they were placed in the room. As the front end of the system has evolved we have re-aranged furniture, and recalibrated every time. It has allways sounded good, but, yesterday our new furniture arrived, so here we go again. Last night for room sake, I ended up mounting the surrounds on shelves up near the ceiling, and OH MY, what a difference. I calibrated, we watched some dtv. I realize going from fabric to leather will change sound reflections, but, with the way it is set up now it feels like it "pulls" you into the action, and I guess that's what it is all about. Had I realized height would have had so much bearing on this I would have done a lot more experimenting in the begining. It's just easy to hear the benefit of each new piece, set it, and be content. I like the fact that for once I picked up a large sonic gain and didn't have to spend 1-2k to do so. I realize there are many who allready know this, but to those who don't, do yourselve's a favor and experiment, and maybe unleash a little more of your'e existing systems potential. Pretty Cool.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's great to hear Soundhound. :T

The benefits of "good" speaker placement, is nothing short of amazing. And as you stated, if more people would address this issue in depth, there wouldn't be as many equipment upgrades....maybe??? :B
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"