X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffR
    • Dec 2004

Yamaja and Paradigm???

I plan to turn my living room (11.5 by 14.5) into a home-thater for audio and video. I currently have a 57" Hitachi tv and an XBox. I plan to get a universal disc player in the future. For now, I want a receiver and 5.1 speaker system. The one high-end dealer in my area (a long-established, reputable store) recommended the following equipment:

Marantz SR-7500 receiver
    Paradign Monitor 7 - fronts
    Paradigm CC-370 - center
    Paradigm ADP-370 - rears
    Paradigm PS-1000 - sub

The system sounds fine but I did not compare it with anything else. The dealer also carries Pioneer Elite receivers and Def Tech speakers.

All thoughts and opinions would be welcome!

Should I go with this system?

What about upgrading to the SR-8500 and/or the PS-1200? Is the sound/feature improvement worth the money?

What about traveling out of area (2-3 hours each way) to consider other brands? Is so, what?

Please help me out!
    Thanks,
  • TimGRA
    • Feb 2004

JeffR,

Great choice on equipment. I am very partial to Pioneer w/ Paradigm. Seems to give the spaekers a very nice warm, laid back feel. My previuos set up:
    Pioneer VSX 36tx
    Monitor 7 (Fronts)
    CC-370 (Center)
    B&W LM-1 (Surrounds)
    PW 2200 (SUB)
    I really enjoyed this. Great combinition for music and movies.
    The only thing I think I would tell you is, maybe to upgrade if you can is the sub. Spend the extra on the PW 2200. You will not regret it. As I said above, I am more partial to Pioneer recivers over any Marantz.

I recently sold all above mentioned equipment and now have the following:

Rotel 1068 Processor
    Parasound 2205 Amp (220w X 5)
    Paradigm Studio 60 (front)
    Paradigm Studio CC-470 (center)
    Paradigm Studio ADP-470 (surround)
    Same Sub (Love it!)

As you are putting a package together, DO NOT pay full retial. The dealer should be discounting 10%-15% at least.

Good luck and make sure you spend lots of time listening to YOUR music and not the dealers music and movies.

Happy shopping!

PS. Paradigm is releasing a v4 (version 4) in the Monitor line. You may want to wait for those (v4) or push the dealer for a deeper discount on the v3.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"