X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daveste99
    • Dec 2004

Logitech Harmony H768 remote

Hello all-

I am very new to all of this and think I want to get a programmable remote for my HT setup.

The dealer I bought my Fujitsu HD Plasma screen showed me a remote for about $500.00 and wants another $450 to program 5 devices. I don't mind spending the money for the remote but I think I can do the programming myself.

In any event, I was poking around on this site and started looking at the Harmony remote. It seems easy to program and use and I wanted to get some feedback from users as to what your likes and dislikes are relative to this remote.

Also, if you have experience with other remotes I could use input for that as well.

Thanks in advance,

Dave S.
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Get our Low Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of electronics, appliances, furniture, fitness, travel, baby products and more!

That's $99 CDN :E

The newer 659 is also $99 CDN

Get our Low Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of electronics, appliances, furniture, fitness, travel, baby products and more!

I'm not sure what parts you hail from...but it might be worthwhile to see if you can get it from the mentioned site.

From what I understand these remotes are super easy to program...sort of a paint by numbers:

There's a review for the 659 on there as well ( http://www.remotecentral.com/sst659/index.html )

PM HT_Addict and ask his opinion, he just picked up the H768
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Just received my 768 from FS this afternoon. Very well balanced and ergonomic. I'll either be programing it today or Saturday. Wife wants to watch LOTR:ROTK Extended tonight. There are only 11 of these remotes left on FS website. I would suggest you snatch one up ASAP. I was at a dealer this aft and saw the same remote for $299CDN. Programing is done via the internet for FREE at http://www.logitech.com/harmony

ht_addict

Comment

• daveste99
        • Dec 2004

Harmony 768 remote

Hi HT -
        Let me know how the programming goes. I would like to know how well it works.

Thanks,

Dave S.

Comment

• ht_addict
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by daveste99
          Hi HT -
          Let me know how the programming goes. I would like to know how well it works.

Thanks,

Dave S.
          Spent about 5min with it and got it setup to control my gear and turn it allon with the touch off a button. I would suggest you pick one up, try it out and if its not for you, take it back within the 30days. Actually there sold out on the website. Hope you got one.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"