X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bamaredwingsfan
    • Dec 2004

Suggestions for home theatre system

I have an old pioneer thats out dated, an i am looking to get a new system and would like everyones suggestions on my selection. Here is what features im looking for.
    1. THX sound compatable
    2. Digital inputs for sound
    3. DTS sound compatable
    4. 5.1 or better
    5. No built in DVD, already have one.
    6. hopefully under 500$

I live in an appartment for now, but will be moving into a house hopefully with in a year or 2.

I have a hd ready 47inch panasonic widescreen an will be getting a Echostar6000 dish for my sat. fix. So any suggestions are welcome! :T
    Quotes from
    The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

http://www.myspace.com/bamaredwingsfan19

• MrChambers
    • Dec 2004

Hi, I'm new to the forum here, but I would recommend something by Harmon Kardon - I've had a great experience with mine, and they were highly praised when I was researching. All those features you requested and more, and they put out nice clean output.

Here's the HK AVR 235 ($499)

Or if that's too much $$$ you can also find their older (2002-2003 models) on eBay, and some other online stores. I picked up a new 325-Z a few months ago for my HT and I'm very impressed with it, especially considering the awesome price I paid ($220 shipped to my door).

I'd recommend staying with the "higher-end" brands, such as H/K, Onkyo, Denon, or Marantz. Pioneer's Elite line also has some good products, but their lower end models are cheaply made, so stay away from those (the non-elite's).

The most important thing is to LISTEN to any reciever before you buy it if possible. All recievers will sound different, and you'll have to like the looks and controls once you buy it - so play around with them @ a local audio store if you can before buying.

Good luck on your search, keep us informed of your choice!

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

Denon and HK would certainly be at the top of my list. Ecost.com is an authorized seller of Denon Refurbs. I'd poke around there and see what you can find. You'll save a pile of cash, and still get the full Denon warantee.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"