X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

DVD with HDMI or DVI Output

Any dvd players out there that have the above? What video chip is the best these days?

When is HD DVD comming out?
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by junior77blue
    Any dvd players out there that have the above? What video chip is the best these days?
    Yes. Too many to name.

I am thinkin of the Panasonic S-97, which has HDMI, but only if they get the macroblocking thing fixed. I am not getting into DVD-A or SACD on principle that it will probably consume too much money in buying CD's if I have that feature.

When is HD DVD comming out?
    4th Q 2005 will be HD-DVD and I believe BlueRay will coincide w/ the PS3 release. I wouldn't really expect a lot of DVD's to support one or the other initially.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

The brands i'm considering (need to do more research):

Denon, Panasonic, Pioneer, Yamaha, Adcom...

Would like to have DVD-A, HDM-i or DVI, universal player is not required, DVD-R compatible, great sound but more important is the picture.

Comment

• pandon
        • Nov 2004

I just got the Bravo D2 which has DVI-D output and also upconverts the DVD from 420p to 720p and even 1080p. Nice little machine, the resulting picture has been incredible. just my 2 cents.

Comment

• junior77blue
          • Nov 2004

I think I saw a review of that somewhere in which it had pretty good reviews.

I've always wondered which device should do the upconversion, whether the television or DVD player. I'm guessing the only to tell is by trial and error. Similar to which has a better dolby digital decoder, in the player or in the preamp/processor.

Comment

• Voltron
            • Oct 2004

You should add the Arcam DV79 and DV29 to your list of HDMI DVD-V and DVD-A players. I have the DV29 and love the sound and the picture. :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"