X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dalus_Carosu
    • Nov 2004

75 or 100 Ohm?

Ok just bought Rotel RSP 1068 and RMB-1095 now I just need the cables that goes in between them. I was looking at X Cables one that was 75 Ohm and the other 100 Ohm.

Whats the difference on that? I am kinda new on this so dont understand alot hehe

Admin Action:
    <X cables replaced cable brand that did not need to be here for generic question of difference in 75 and 100 ohm, Admin>
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Video should be 75 ohm while audio tends to be 110 or there abouts I believe.

Comment

• Kingdaddy
      • Jan 2004

I think audio is 50 and video is 75, 100 ohm is nothing as far as i know.
      My Center Channel Project

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ohms are the units used to measure resistance to electrical current flow - think friction in a water pipe. Resistance = Voltage / Current

Audio is a fairly low frequency signal, ranging (for argument's sake) from about 20 Hz - low bass - to 20,000 Hz - high treble - so a 50 ohm cable will carry the signal without loss. However, a video signal runs much higher up the spectrum at (again, for argument's sake) about 10 MHz for NTSC and 35 MHz for HDTV. That range of signal requires a cable in the 75 ohm range to carry the full signal. I'm not sure what the 100 ohm cable would be for.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"