X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Any good methods for breaking in new speakers

Can anyone offer their suggestions on how to break-in new speakers?
    Can't really play pink noise at blistering levels from 9-5 since my wife and kids are a home so any other methods out there are appreciated.

Should I set all speakers to Large for now to experience the full tonal range?
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Gordon, I'd definitely set the speakers to large for the break-in period. Not being able to turn up the volume will just cause the break-in period to take a little longer. Try some classical selections as they tend to run the full spectrum of sonics - think bass cellos up to piccolos. Oh, find a CD that has organ music if you want to really get the bass module working.

Now if you are feeling silly, I read somewhere that for a stereo-pair you can reverse the polarity on one speaker and point them at each other. I've never tried it but it sounds fun, anyway! :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Hey Gordon!

Too bad you are not my neighbour....there is a cd called Magic Cd....it has 20 - 20Khz......it takes about 2 days and your babies are broken in !
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Gordon Moore
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Feb 2002

Now if you are feeling silly, I read somewhere that for a stereo-pair you can reverse the polarity on one speaker and point them at each other. I've never tried it but it sounds fun, anyway!
        I'm quite getting the benefit of the voodoo that it might do (face-to-face is probably just for cancellation purposes to cut down on the noise right?)

Bam, that CD sounds interesting :T I'll be right over :
        Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by David Meek
          Now if you are feeling silly, I read somewhere that for a stereo-pair you can reverse the polarity on one speaker and point them at each other. I've never tried it but it sounds fun, anyway! :
          Yup I heard that too!

Comment

• Bam!
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Gordon Moore
            I'm quite getting the benefit of the voodoo that it might do (face-to-face is probably just for cancellation purposes to cut down on the noise right?)

Bam, that CD sounds interesting :T I'll be right over :

No problem! I'll start cookin'!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"