X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

bookshelves in a wallunit shelf?

A buddy of mine wants to buy some bookshelf speakers but wants to put them on a shelf in a wallunit.I tried to explain to him that they should be placed on stands next to the wallunit.Unfortunatly he says that he can't.Are they're any good bookshelf speakers that could be placed in a wallunit shelf?I actually told him about the def.Tech. powermonitors which i heard can be placed in shelves.Can you guys give any advice on these type of speakers.His budget is approx. 800.00.Thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You're right that most speakers are designed to be mounted out into a room to get the most out of them. If he has to put them in the unit I'd start by looking for either a sealed or front ported model. Rear ported wouldn't work well at all in a tight space as it'll just sound boomy.

You might also consider in wall speakers depending on the room and the layout of the furniture.

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Let me ask you this he likes my setup which is the Def.Tech. procinema 100's.They are sealed ,no ports.Would these work out for him.He actually wants them a little bigger like maybe the 200's.Or could he use the powermonitors.Just so you know he saw and heard my system and now wants to get a system of his own.Yet needs speakers for shelves.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Why not try your speakers on in his unit and see how they sound?

Comment

• Voltron
          • Oct 2004

You could have him take a look at the Anthony Gallo Acoustics Due model. They have great sound, no ports, come with a stand and can be oriented vertically or horizontally. I have seen but not heard the Procinema speakers, but my guess is he would get a bigger sound from the Due. Typical price is $600/each. Just a thought.

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            Why not try your speakers on in his unit and see how they sound?
            i would but he lives kind of far.I see him maybe 3-4 times a year.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"