X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Slappa d2 Hard Body CD/DVD Case review

I recently received some Slappa Hard Body CD/DVD cases. I'd like to give my take on these.

Excellent quality materials in these. It lookes to be about 3-4 different materials involved on the exterior with a seude like primary exterior materials, and an even smoother softer brown stripe with the Slappn logo in it. Very classy! They have a cloth seamed vinyl zipper with dual zippers for closure at center. The zippers have rubberized round slappa emblems to open and close them with. All that, and we aren't even inside it yet! The exterior is a solid hardshell materials. Oh sure, you wouldn't want to drive your hummer over the top of it, but under most usage, it will provide more than adequite protection of our precious music and movies.

Inside, the media slots are among the finest I have ever seen The front of each slot has a semi transparent slot that is suitable for CD covers, so gone are the days of searching for titles when you look through the case if you use this approach. Of course, if you want to get twice as many discs in each case, you may prefer to use 2 deep discs for each pocket. (4 per page side) The back slot where you will always want to put a CD whether you use each case for 40 CDs or 20 with covers, is the softest slot for your media I have ever seen! I expect that it's the finest CD protection period.

The inside front of the case has a small pocket that includes a couple of labels for end exterior slots that are on the case for labeling, as well as a VERY soft clothe that you can use to get your CDs out of the case with, saving getting most smears, scratches, and fingerprints on them.

All in all, out of 5 stars, I give the Slappa CD System a 4.5. I'd give it a 5, but we want to give them a little room for improvement.

Great job on these cases Slappa, guys, get in line and support this great sponsor we have, so they will stick around and support the Guide!

The advantages to these cases are many. For one, keeping your media together. Second, near ultimate protection. Third, space savings over jewel or standard DVD cases. Easier finding the selection you want. I could go on and on it seems!

Just click the logo below and order up!

Slappa, click here

Sorry about the logo edging, that was my work, not Slappas graphic department, that obviously has their stuff together with this sharp logo.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hmmm, this is a pretty nicely timed post Lex. :W I'm currently ripping my CD collection to WMA files using WM9. As soon as I'm done, I'll burn the ripped files BACK to CD to allow me to carry 700+ CDs of music around on a substantially smaller number of CDs. Not for "serious listening" y'all understand, :B just at work or on trips, etc. I'll get one of the Hard Bodies as my carry-all.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Nice review Lex. Great info!
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Well, I ordered one of the 160-count Graphites and liked it so much I ordered 3 of the 32-count Combo units for Jen and the kids. These are very nice containers - both good looking and well built. Plus, the prices are excellent for what you are getting.

Good one Lex. :T

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I can safely say that the 32-count Combo units were successful Christmas presents! :T :T

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

I got one for Christmas too, although it was a late order and I didn't receive it until yesterday.

I will say that I'm finally impressed with one of these compact types of digital storage units. The one I got is for the 240 count and I'm using it as a 120 unit carrier so that I can use the fronts for the CD's printed materials.

I hate having to jam in the CD's and, thank goodness, this isn't the case with the Slappa at all. They slide in and out very smoothly.

The build quality is excellent as well. I'll be ordering more in the future, I'm sure, for my ever growing library.

Recommended.
            Keith

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

And, I just ordered another one. These things are great!!!

I didn't know about the link the first time around, but emailed them that I heard about them at HTG, which is true, but I had read about them on a different thread on this board.

This time, I used the link. My wife is happy I ordered one of the blue ones.

I listen to music all the time and these cases are great in every way.
              Keith

Comment

• KBKB
                • Apr 2005

Hi

I've been looking into hard cases for taking out live for DJing.

But wondering if they lay flat when there opened (for easy flicking through)? or does the handle get in the way or do they clam half shut or anything?

Seing as you guys have got them thought you may be able to let me know if they are suitable?

cheers

KB

Comment

• Danbry39
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2002

Hope I'm reading what you're asking correctly.

Once the zipper is fully open, and I lay the case on its back, it lays pretty flat and is very easy to flip through the individual pages. If 180 degrees would be perfectly flat, I'd say it stays open at about 170-175 degrees. It stays open less on the first few pages because the weight of the contents doesn't hold it down as much, but it's still very easy to leaf through.
                  Keith

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

The 160-count lays out very nicely and the smaller ones (32-count) do stay open, but not as flat as the large one.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"