X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Eagles: Hell Freezes Over

I'm sure this has been discussed to death by this point but a friend of mine owns this disc and has no system to play it on. I, on the other hand, have a nice system but don't own and up until Saturday night had never seen or heard this disc in all it's DTS glory or otherwise.

Let's just say I discovered two things that night. One: This disc deserves all the hype it received. The performances are exceeded only by the sound quality. Two: I have a pretty f'ing good system! The house she was a rockin' 8)

The one thing that stood out the most for me was the bongo drums. I mean wow those sounded real! 8O If I didn't know any better I would have sworn someone was in the room playing them. :P

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Jason!

While Eagles was my first musical DVD and indeed I have been one of those whose ranted and raved about it I can`t help but complain about the mix however those bongo drums playing in back of your head in Hotel California 8O ...

But this DVD is the best one by all means!!!!

David Glimour and ELO sound pretty sweet too however Oh and Fleetwood Mac...Oh and Peter Frampton Live in Detroit...O.K. O.K I have made my point!!!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Aud19,

Better late than never! 8)

It is a reference disc for sure. And it will let you know how nice your system really is too! :P I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy this one. Now maybe your buddy will feel a little pressure to get with our addiction too. :LOL:

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Oh I've already got him addicted He's just started doing contract work on his own so funds are at a premium but he's planning on starting with a Rotel 1056 and some Energy speakers when he has more $ flow

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• NMyTree
          • May 2004

Is this the DVD-Video, or the DVD-Audio you guys are talking about?
          Tony

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

DVD-Video with DTS track... Very nice :T

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• NMyTree
              • May 2004

Ah yes. Thank you.

That's one of those DVDs that I've been meaning to pick up, but always slips my mind when I'm in the store.

Got get that one.
              Tony

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I can`t help but complain about the mix however those bongo drums playing in back of your head in Hotel California ...
                I agree 100 percent...it would be a wonderful disc without the silly mixing they sometimes used.

Comment

• Bing Fung
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2000

Agreed, this is an excellent DVD, however I listen to it in Stereo mode as the surround is just not done properly. Not like todays newer DVD-A Multi channels.
                  Bing

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"