• Aug 2003

Who Likes It,s A Beautiful Day

One Word ::: WHITE BIRD

dave
    Dave...
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Dave, I confess - I had to go "searching" for info. :sos: I'd never heard of White Bird or the band It's A Beautiful Day before. They've been around a while, eh? 1967? Is it more of a "folk rock" sound, or out 'n out rock?

Curious in Houston. . . .

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Curious here, too.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• dave
        • Aug 2003

David&George::: The Band It,s A Beautiful Day, the best way to describe them. They,re a group lead by a violinest or some might say fiddle player, by the name of David Laflame he & his wife Linda Sing & are backed by a pretty solid rythem section. It is relatively difficult to pidgen hole them into any certian catagory but if you are familiar with fairport convention that could maybe give you an idea. I know this is probably not helping to much.... The original group made 4 lps out of which 3 are very good. the 4th being a live album (not recommended) the first lp is pretty much sanfransisco sound & quite easy to listen to with the exception of the third track this lp also contains White Bird & Hot Summer Days. These two songs are rather layed back maybe light & airy is a better description of this. The 2nd lp is a hodgepodge of anything from down home fiddle playing to light rock-n-roll to a country sound . Some of it I would consider rather poetic in content. This is a excellent lp. The name of it is Marrying Maiden, the name of the 1st lp is called Its A Beautiful Day. The name of the 3rd lp is called Choice Quality Stuff this is in my opinion the weakest of the three. However it does have it,s shining moments with songs like Place Of Dreams, Oranges & Apples, Anytime & Bitter Wine. I have played this artist for many many People over the years and thier reaction has always been that they want to hear more! It,s for those times when your in more of a easy listening mode. I hope This helps. :P By the way the first 2 are available on cd & the 3rd one was however it may be out of print :?

dave
        Dave...

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

I remember hearing the album with White Bird on it a few times at a friends, but only as background music. Loved White Bird though. Glad you know Fairport Convention because they were truly a great group. White Bird always reminded me of Jefferson Airplane too. So, for me, perhaps a mixture of Jefferson Airplane and Fairport Convention.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• dave
            • Aug 2003

Keith: Thanks for your imput on this one. Yeh, I,d agree with the airplanes lighter material . If you get a chance sample that marrying maiden disc . I think you may like it . :P

dave
            Dave...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"