X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Amused To Death?

Amused To Death? What a title. I was browsing Best Buy yesterday and picked up this very interesting CD from Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame. If you are a fan of The Wall you'll like this disc, too.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Wall (the song) is the only Pink Floyd I've ever heard. I like it, just never ventured into any of there other music. If this is like that, it would be worth a listen.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

John -

Another Pink Floyd classic is "Dark Side of the Moon" (DSOTM)... originally released March 24, 1973 and still selling strong -- Amazon sales rank 141. (To compare, The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" is sales rank 193.) There are several good reasons for this album's staying power -- among them excellent sound, interesting songs and riveting performances. I'll bet when you listen to DSOTM, you'll recognize at least a couple of the songs, even if you never associated them with Pink Floyd before.

Enjoy!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Having listened to it a second time, It's good but not great. The first 2 tracks, number 5 and the last three are very good, but it does tail off in the middle a bit. Still glad I bought it, but it's not a slam-dunk. Listen before buying.

John, absolutely give Dark Side Of The Moon a try. It's one of the seminal rock albums of all times. Two other excellent Pink Floyd titles are The Division Bell and Meddle.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

And what about Wish You Were Here, my favorite Pink Floyd album of them all. Talk about dynamics.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Oh yes, Wish You Were Here is another great one. But hey, it IS Pink Floyd we're talking about. Not much in the way of sub-par music on any of their efforts.
            :yeah:

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Thanks for the info guys. I try to get a listen to them soon.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Patt
                • Feb 2005

Sure!...... Roger Waters--Amused to Death

If you want to see how your system images this is a must play. Cant remember which track but the horses galloping pulling the carriage is a "mind blower"
                ......Pat

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"