X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Santana's back

He has a new cd out, but I haven't seen it around here as yet. But he did 2 hours on A & E, Santana Live, and it was great. He did a couple of pieces from the new album and did many of his early pieces such as Black Magic Woman, Europa, Soul Sacrifice, Evil Ways and an opening with Rob Thomas singing Smooth. Wow, what a night that was.

One thing came out of the broadcast that really made me realize what kind of a following Carlos has; his last cd SUPERNATURAL sold 20 million in the US and 35 million world-wide.

He's been around for more than 30 years and still gets air time. That's really something, isn't it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

He's been around for more than 30 years and still gets air time. That's really something, isn't it.
    A very good point! And to me, his sound hasn't really evolved. He continues to give the fans what they want ( that Santana sound), which has been a great formula. When it works, why leave it? And Carlos Santana knows how to work it.

I look forward to hearing his new release.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Patt
      • Feb 2005

Announced on the radio today....Santana and Los Lonely Boys are coming to town.
      Seems like Santana has been around forever.

My only concert experience was free tickets very near the stage to see Eric Clapton and it was LOUD.
      ......Pat

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"