Background music or not!/Soft Jazzzzzzzzz.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Background music or not!/Soft Jazzzzzzzzz.....

Check out these:

Jazzmasters
    Jazzmasters II
    Jazzmasters III

Paul Hardcastle is the artist. A British chap I think. This is the kind of jazz that seems to get this catchy beat going in the background and it just keeps going and going and going. I find it great for accompanying my while I am working. Very energizing! I am tapping the floor right this minute with it. I just picked up the first one Thursday I think. I actually think it might be a slight bit better than III. But both, excellent. I will buy II as soon as I can find it.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Background...It is great jazz period!:B

I own JMII. Had JMI but, it has seem to grow legs so, I need to get I and III.

Paul Hardcastle shocked me with this group's sound. After listening to his solo hit "Nineteen" I did not expect it would be so smoooooth!

Good picks Lex!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Well, between us we still have the collection, unless one of mine walked off last night. But I still can't figure out what happened to my Joshua Redman 2 CD set.
      The I disc impresses me more and more every time I listen I think.

Lex
      Doug

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I fully understand. It just eats at you when a cd is missing. My software are like my children, I give them the utmost care. I never lend them out or take them out of the house for that matter (okay, I do take my kids out:B). My wife even teases me that my albums don't have the snap, crackle, pop like her fathers used to. So when any of my mine are missing, I am in awe.

BTW, I remember what the first disc sound like.
        The second disc will impress you more I think. I also think that the third installment sound pretty similar to the second. All are worth owning IMO.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

LOL John. I never could get rid of snap crackle pop, that's why I just let Albums fall of my listening list. CD only now. Of course, the Lexicon doesn't support TT anyway!

Yeah, the Jazzmasters group is a nice collection, and I guess we made the point, they are all worth owning, provided you like the style. But if you buy one, and don't like the style, don't bother with the other two, as they all seem similar.

Lex
          Doug

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Finally added JMII today! Nice, really rounds out the 3 part collection nicely. I have another CD called Super Soft Jazz that is really really nice as well. If interested, I will get you more info on that one. I rate the overall pace right there with JM series, but different. Some nice keyboard work and guitar work. Quite nice arrangements.

Lex
            Doug

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Well congrats on completing your set. I knew you would enjoy the second installment.

Yes, I would like more info. I am always looking forward to checking out good jazz and vocal work!

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

Hey gents, I'm a jazz guy too! I'll have to check out this collection. I just picked up two of Diana Kralls' albums...what a voice and piano work! Ever audition her stuff? Silky smooth baby....

Cheers, E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Yup, I have 5 of her CDs, which is almost her entire collection I think. Enjoy the heck out of them.

Lex
                  Doug

Comment

• efarstad
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jun 2001

Just took a listen to the Jazzmasters on amazon...a few songs at least...and that "is my kind of sound!" Thanks for sharing...geee now I'm even more broke!!! It's all good though, ya need good tunes for all the "appropriate" occasions!

E

When my wife comes out with her first Harp CD, yes she's been playing since she was five, I'll have to offer you gents a discount!!!

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                    E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

Kewl Erik. At the risk of totally breaking the bank, also check out:

Dave's True Story, "Sex without Bodies", and "Unauthorized'. :B hehe, I could do this all night I think.

Lex
                      Doug

Comment

• efarstad
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jun 2001

Ah yes, the good ole Chesky stuff! Have you listened to Christy Baron's "Steppin" album! Love it and the Chesky folks are great too! I also have Sara K's "No Cover" DAD which is great! I like all types of tunes, from Jazz to R&B to "certain country", I just like good music.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                        E-Cinema

Comment

• John Holmes
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Yes, there is great music in all genre, if one is willing to be open minded and take a listen. Though jazz is my first love, I listen to many types of music.

I can't believe that I don't own any Krall yet except, that which is on a compilataion disc. I must fix that!

Comment

• efarstad
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jun 2001

How dare you not own any Krall! :W Ah heck, I just found her out just a while ago, so I'm just messin' with ya...

I'm an R&B junkie by birth, but am quickly becoming a jazz-oholic! I love the smooth, sexy (oh, can I say that! :B), and sultry sound of a good jazz recording!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                            E-Cinema

Comment

• John Holmes
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

I agree! I'm still shocked that I don't own any. I was in a toss between getting the standard or the DTS version of one of her cd's and... just never made a choice. I will by this weekend! :B

BTW, I too own alot of R&B.

Comment

• efarstad
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jun 2001

Ok, favorite R&B artist...hmmmmmm.....

Tough call, but it's a for me between Babyface and Brian McKnight...Brian would probably win by a nose if I was forced to choose!

You?

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                                E-Cinema

Comment

• John Holmes
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

For me that's a real tough one. I really enjoy so many. If I had to narrow it down I would say, it's between: Rachelle Ferrell and Bobby Caldwell. Had you asked this question ten or fifteen yrs ago, It would have been Luther Vandross. No question. But I think his sound has just gone too commercial.

I like Face and McKnight as well. I even have a few of The Deeles albums. I think Baby Face did alot of his best work while with them.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"