X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnsmeets
    • Jan 2011

Gary moore past away

58 years old past away during holliday in spain in a hotel (heartattack)
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Gary Moore was one of my favourite musicians. I am shocked by his death at such an early age. I'm just a year younger than him so a death like this makes one think. He didn't lead a rock and roll lifestyle so we can't blame the usual causes.

Gary Moore was a virtuoso lead guitarist with a fabulous voice. He played rock and blues. His rock fans were upset when he moved to the blues later in his life. Some blues enthusiasts thought that he lacked the real blues touch, the main criticism being too many notes and not enough silence. I see their point of view but disagree and think that he was one of the great blues/rock guitarists.

Earlier this evening I watched part of one of his DVDs to honour his memory [Gary Moore - Definitive Montreux Collection (2010)]. If you are even slightly interested to learn what Gary is all about then I can strongly recommend this double disc DVD. It has sets from 1990, 1995, 1997, 1999 and 2001.

I have never seen Gary Moore perform live and now I never will. Thank goodness for DVDs and our collective hobby.

Nigel.
    Attached Files

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Nice post, bigburner. Gary Moore RIP.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• johnsmeets
        • Jan 2011

Nigel i fully agree i,m 53 I know him from his early days with thin lizzy(double life lp) and the cd still got the blues yeah a great lost for the musicworld

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Well put, Nigel.

"Still Got The Blues" playing right now. R.I.P Gary.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"