X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Lez Zeppelin are back!

Albeit with Bonzo junior on the skins....

Led Zeppelin, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti | Led Zeppelin - Official Website

Tickets are buy ballot only and the concert is in London. The site has been almost impossible to access but my wife managed to register us.....

Hopefully this will lead to more concerts.....

V.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

That's definitely good news. It will be interesting to compare Bonzo Jr. to his dad on drums. I am also curious as to whether or not Robert Plant's voice has changed any with age.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

OH to be at that concert!! :P I agree, hopefully it's the first of more shows! :yesnod:
      Jason

Comment

• 2bluechris
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine

I am also curious as to whether or not Robert Plant's voice has changed any with age.
        George, well if you haven't already, listen to the "Mighty Rearranger" CD by Robert Plant and his band, The Strange Sensation, released about a year or so ago.
        The songs are varied in styles, but a few are further developed from styles Zeppelin developed for parts of "Physical Graffitti" and "Presence" albums.

I think there may have been recently released a DVD of Plant with that band in concert where they play some of their songs and some Zeppelin material. I forget what it was I saw an advertisment for.

As for the quality of their own songs, well at least one held my attention, and parts of others seemed OK, but I'll have to hear them again.
        I thought some were not interesting, but hey I'm NOT a major Zeppelin fan, thus I don't expect to find this stuff interesting to me, hence do consult a Fan if you are not able to get to hear the album.

Chris.
        Last edited by 2bluechris; 19 September 2007, 06:29 Wednesday. Reason: correct 2 mistakes

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by 2bluechris
          George, well if you haven't already, listen to the "Mighty Rearranger" CD by Robert Plant and his band, The Strange Sensation, released about a year or so ago.

Chris.
          Thanks, Chris. I haven't seen that cd. I heard Plant singing on some tv show maybe 2 or 3 years ago and he sounded pretty good at that time, though the age was showing a bit.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• 2bluechris
            • Oct 2005

another Robert Plant release

George, Plant still seems fit enough to keep 'em coming ...

I have just seen an ad for a CD entitled "Raising Sand" by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - yes, might seem an odd combination, however it is apparently of Americana type songs - all covers of the type of songs Krauss does sometimes, and its released on the Rounder label thus it won't be rubbish material.
            I haven't heard any of it yet, but will listen when I see a copy and post some comment here.
            I quite like Krauss's voice, thus I hope this is a worthwhile release.

Plant can sound good singing duet with a woman.
            My favorite Led Zeppelin song is actually "Battle Of Evermore", with as you will know Sandy Denny singing with Plant over that hypnotic backing of Page either overdubbed playing a second instrument, or maybe its John Paul Jones playing also, as I think I remember seeing him do in "the Song Remains The Same" film.
            Yes, no Bonzo on that track, well I like a few others, and he does play on those !

Chris.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Thanks, Chris. I'll keep an eye out for that CD. It sounds interesting.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Sarahbee
                • Jun 2005

does sound interesting I'll have to check it out
                "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

I have just seen an ad for a CD entitled "Raising Sand" by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - yes, might seem an odd combination, however it is apparently of Americana type songs - all covers of the type of songs Krauss does sometimes, and its released on the Rounder label thus it won't be rubbish material.
                  I haven't heard any of it yet, but will listen when I see a copy and post some comment here.
                  I quite like Krauss's voice, thus I hope this is a worthwhile release.

Plant can sound good singing duet with a woman.
                  My favorite Led Zeppelin song is actually "Battle Of Evermore", with as you will know Sandy Denny singing with Plant over that hypnotic backing of Page either overdubbed playing a second instrument, or maybe its John Paul Jones playing also, as I think I remember seeing him do in "the Song Remains The Same" film.
                  Yes, no Bonzo on that track, well I like a few others, and he does play on those !

Chris.

Ahhhh , a man of taste! :T
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• 2bluechris
                    • Oct 2005

Thankyou, and has anyone heard it yet ?

Thankyou Alaric for your compliment , and as they say :- "it takes one to know one" !

I haven't seen a copy of the CD yet, thus if anyone reading has heard it, please post some comments about it.

Chris

Comment

• Jack Van
                      • Oct 2007

I bought this disc yesterday and if you like Krauss Americana music with a country twinge it is excellent. Plant and Krauss make beautiful music together. Highly recommended.

Comment

• draganm
                        • Jul 2005

and here's some REALLY good news, it's also available on vinyl :B

thanks for the tip, if this album is even only half as good as Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou's duet it will be fantastic and well worth the 20 bucks. :T
                        BTW, I saw 2 of plants concerts on TV withdifferent bands and they were both very good to say the least. He always sems to surround himself with the most amazing and talented msuicians, it's the spirit of Led Zeppelin juts carries on. AFA the London concert, if it's anything like the Cream reunion it will be $1500 per seat and sold out 12 months in advance.

Comment

• Sarahbee
                          • Jun 2005

I got the CD and I was highly impressed, its been on my frequent playlist for the past couple of weeks, thanks for the recomendation !!
                          "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Alloroc
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Dec 2005

So Zep came, saw and conquered! By all accounts the concert was amazing. I only heard reports on radio here - the Edge & Adam Clayton from U2 were there with an Irish DJ and their report back the following evening was really great. Apparently after the show Page and Plant sought out Edge and Adam Clayton and asked them what they though of the show and if it had 'legs'! Read from that what you want but the big question is now will they take the show on the road. Jason Bonham was by all accounts amazing and very much line his father. So fingers crossed!
                            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Cool... now, if those two had gotten on stage WITH Led Zeppelin, THAT would have been mindblowing!
                              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                              - Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
                                Super Senior Member
                                • May 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
                                Cool... now, if those two had gotten on stage WITH Led Zeppelin, THAT would have been mindblowing!
                                Like putting your B&W 800D speakers with a Panasonic SA XR55 receiver.

Comment

• aud19
                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Alloroc
                                  So Zep came, saw and conquered! By all accounts the concert was amazing. I only heard reports on radio here - the Edge & Adam Clayton from U2 were there with an Irish DJ and their report back the following evening was really great. Apparently after the show Page and Plant sought out Edge and Adam Clayton and asked them what they though of the show and if it had 'legs'! Read from that what you want but the big question is now will they take the show on the road. Jason Bonham was by all accounts amazing and very much line his father. So fingers crossed!

My mind's racing at the possibilities!! 8O :P
                                  Jason

Comment

• Bent
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2003

Ian Astbury (The Cult, and almost The Doors) has gone on record indicating that The Cult was to tour as the opening act for the forthcoming zep tour.

We'll see if it holds water.

Comment

Working...
                                    😀
                                    😂
                                    🥰
                                    😘
                                    🤢
                                    😎
                                    😞
                                    😡
                                    👍
                                    👎
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"