Vinyl--are these valuable? (large pics warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

Vinyl--are these valuable? (large pics warning)

My grandfather passed away nearly a year ago and we are now cleaning out his house. There are probably between 100-150 records, a lot are gospel & such, but here are a few I picked out from artists I recognized or titles that seemed familiar. Are any of these anything rare & valuable, or mostly just run of the mill old records? Is there anywhere online to find values of these besides eBay? Thanks for the help!

Oh, and BTW, the blue record is "Moody Blues" by Elvis.

• John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sorry for your lost cobbpa.

I have no knowledge of the worth of albums. But, being that I recognize all the names from what you've posted, I'd take the time to investigate their probably worth.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

My deepest sympathies for your loss. My first choice would be get a TT and keep them-but I'm old. You could try http://www.allexperts.com/ I got some good info on The Beatles White Album there.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Vinyl... what's that?
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Well, I have two of those LPs shown. Day By Day ( Doris Day ) and the South Pacific movie soundtrack album. As to their value ? I guess it depends on the collector. I have a pile of vinyl LPs as well as some of the early 10" albums, plus some 45 singles and probably a hundred or so 78s, but have never bothered to see if they had any value. My children likely will after I've passed to that big home theater in the sky.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"