X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thelonious Funk
    • Dec 2006

I'm sorry, the music is too loud...

I'm sorry, but the music is too loud for me to be able to hear you complain about the music.

Ah the glory of a catch-22.

So my girlfriend was upset at how loud I was playing music this weekend... But what she was really complaining about was the music I was playing. My Guilty Pleasure collection.

Shot Through The Heart
    Bon Jovi isn't my style at all. But so what.

The Jackass Song
    Harry Belafonte. Need I say more?

Brass Monkey
    The Beastie Boys.

and then... because I'm passive aggressive and also because no one I know but myself enjoys it... (except for my father and uncle)

Electric Bath
    Don Ellis. The entire album.

Woo hoo. You have any music you can only listen to when no one is around?
    Hello, my name is Eric and I am a music addict.
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

My Slim Whitman collection. :lol:

Seriously--most of my jazz and orchestral music only gets played in my dedicated music/ht room and not throughout the house. My wife hates the large swings in dynamic range common to classical music (especially as my favourites are from the 1840s to the 1940s). As for jazz, she likes the "standards" (Ella, Billie, etc.) but long, improvised instrumental pieces drive her up the wall. No Kurt Rosenwinkel or Keith Jarrett for her. Fortunately, my room is rather soundproof and it doesn't bother her if I crank it up in there.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Eric, if you're listening to "Slippery When Wet", I occasionally like to crank up my volume to ear-splitting levels and play "Raise Your Hands", especially the intro.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Thelonious Funk
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
        Eric, if you're listening to "Slippery When Wet", I occasionally like to crank up my volume to ear-splitting levels and play "Raise Your Hands", especially the intro.

Word. True. Amen.

Also... Cinderella's Shelter Me, or anything off Night Songs. It feels so good to get this off my chest.
        Hello, my name is Eric and I am a music addict.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"