X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

The Last Great Traffic Jam and the end of an American legend

I watched a great DVD over the weekend - "The Last Great Traffic Jam", which documents Traffic's 1994 tour of the USA. Traffic formed in the late 1960s and play a blend of rock, pop and folk.

The highlight of the DVD was definitely Steve Winwood's gifted musicianship. I've always known Winwood as a great singer and keyboard player but I never realised that he played the guitar so well. I think he was a student of Clapton's way back.

There was one sad moment on the DVD. Jerry Garcia - Grateful Dead's legendary guitarist - makes a guest appearance in one song and looks old, unwell and lost. Sadly he died a few months after that appearance.

Ironically I saw Garcia the following day on the Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" DVD (1969) looking, surprise surprise, young and healthy.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"