X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahcryky
    • Feb 2006

David Gilmour

Just wondering if anyone has heard his new single, On An Island. Saw a video clip on Amazon and just saw the video on VH-1 Classic. I liked it, makes me wish for more then the one time Pink Floyd reunion on Live 8 though.
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Have to say-I saw David Gilmour in Ft. Lauderdale about twenty years ago . Small club (relatively speaking) and was blown away. One of the finest guitarists in the history of recorded music. That guy can get lost in a guitar and provide hours of musical ecstacy looking for a way out. Now I'm on a hunt for the new release...
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• ahcryky
      • Feb 2006

His cd comes out next tuesday.......March 7th. And if you haven't seen his Dvd David Gilmour in Concert, pick it up, it's amazing!

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

My problem with DVDs is as follows: My SACD/CD player doesn't play DVD. My HT that does play DVD is a low end ass-emblage of HTIB and some truly cheesy speakers. Low budget+love of high fidelity=2 channel! As I sank $1k into my CD player , an equivalent investment in FIVE channels of music reproduction would leave me a) divorced
        b) dead , or c) all of the above. I'll keep buying lottery tickets in the hope of fixing the a,b,c thing , but until then , I can't really enjoy concert DVDs. AAAAARRRGGHHH....!!!
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

Of course the official DVD of Pulse is due to be released on 12 September 2006, only 12 years after the initial VCR tape release.

We should live so long...
          Attached Files

Comment

• ahcryky
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
            Of course the official DVD of Pulse is due to be released on 12 September 2006, only 12 years after the initial VCR tape release.

We should live so long...
            I wouldn't get too excited about that date........ it's been pushed back twice now since it's had a release date, that I have been looking for it. I have gone to amazon both times and when that date came to order it it said that it would be released January 10 2010.

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

I watched "Roger Waters - In the Flesh (Live)" when I got home from work this evening. Doyle Bramhall II and Snowy White are both good guitarists, but neither of them comes close to David Gilmour.

Comment

• NMyTree
                • May 2004

FYI, David Gilmour's self-titled solo album and " About Face" are going to be re-issued April 4th, in a remastered edition.

I know I'll be scooping up both of those , immediately. :T

I ordered "On an Island" .....should be here shortly.
                Tony

Comment

• ahcryky
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by NMyTree
                  FYI, David Gilmour's self-titled solo album and " About Face" are going to be re-issued April 4th, in a remastered edition.

I know I'll be scooping up both of those , immediately. :T

I ordered "On an Island" .....should be here shortly.
                  Any additional tracks?

Comment

• NMyTree
                    • May 2004

The track listing I've seen, don't indicate any extra tracks.
                    Tony

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Interesting to note that through the years Gilmore has stated he's not a naturally talented guitar player. And that he and Pink Floyd needed to practice for hours, and hours, and hours, more than other performers so that they didn't screw things up in concert.

Given his age now, it would be hard to separate talent, from decades of practice...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• bigburner
                        Super Senior Member
                        • May 2005

I watched "David Gilmour In Concert" when I got home from work this evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it, in particular the old favourites "Wish You Were Here", "Comfortably Numb", and "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". He's a genuine musician. Although I enjoyed Gilmour's acoustic guitar a lot, I found myself waiting expectantly for him to pick up the electric, which he finally did on track 9.

Over the weekend I watched the Pink Floyd set on the Live 8 DVD, and thoroughly enjoyed that too. I thought that most of Live 8 was absolute crap. Macca was good value though. He comes on after Pink Floyd. If you buy Live 8, keep disc 3 and toss the other three discs in the bin. [OK, there's the occasional good song, but overall it's slim pickings].

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"