X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Grammys

U2 did well indeed. Was glad to see Alison Krause win. Show itself didn't offer any shockers like in the past. But the best opening I've seen in a long time. Madonna looked really hot doing her disco piece in a skimpy outfit that really showed off those strong thighs of hers.
    My Homepage!
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

I enjoyed most of the night although I am affraid I missed the first 30 minutes. Anyway there were to things that really bugged me.

I was happy to see McCartney playing for the first time on the Grammy's but he wasnt on his "A" game IMO and that train wreck with JayZ and Linkin Park was almost enough to make me want to vomit. Guess I am too old school to appreciate the destruction of Beatles music with a Hip Hop flair. With that said I do like some of Linkin Parks work.

The other thing that really bugged me was the whole tribute to Sly Stone. Whoever chose the artists to pay tribute should be fired. Fantasia is from the city I live in and she was awful IMO. Also, why Steven Tyler? WHY WHY WHY? I like Steven Tyler but...really come on. Sly himself looked pretty bad I thought and I heard on the radio that he has only been out of his house 3 times in 19 years and that the reason he couldnt look up is beause he is hunch backed from sitting around the house and doing drugs. I have no idea if thats true, but it's sad regardless. It was kind of bizarr when he came out because he sort of pretended to play the keyboard and then just kind of left during the song.....strange moment for sure.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah I have to agree with a lot of your Sly comments Foxman. I'll add that Maroon 5 guy didn't add much either.

I liked Sir Paul's Helter Skelter even if not his "A" game. His "B" game's still better than most at their best

The U2 and Mary J. Blige duet was pretty good I thought :T
      Jason

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by aud19
        The U2 and Mary J. Blige duet was pretty good I thought :T
        Yeah, I agree Mary J was really into it which is always good.
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I only caught parts of the show. Unfortunately, I missed U2's performance. I hear it was really good.

The part I saw that I thought was just horrible was when U2 won Best Album of the Year, when Adam Clayton went to the microphone to say a few words, they cut off his mic and switched cameras the the president of something or another, who blabbed ON AND ON about New Orleans and the Grammys. Very, very rude. Adam doesn't get enough respect in the band as it is, and to snub him like that, after he's won BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR for gosh sakes... :M That was just bad.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Now couldn't U2 just start playing? I think that would have been fitting after 30 seconds, just like at all the other award shows.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Now THAT would have been classic, if U2 had just stormed the performance stage, grabbed a bunch of instruments, and just ripped into "Vertigo" or "Pride" to interrupt the dude that so rudely interrupted THEM.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Alloroc
                Super Senior Member
                • Dec 2005

Was really cool to see my hometown boys score five gongs.....

Well, haven't seen it yet, it wasn't live over here. They'll show it tonight or tomorrow, so looking forward to the show.

Anyhow, Bono and Edge gave a live interview yesterday morning, well yesterday here, it was 1am LA time and both sounded well juiced up!

Sounded like a great show.
                Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Vincent, you're gonna like U2's performance.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"