X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Cyndi Lauper - Live...At Last DTS Concert Video

I purchased yesterday the new LOTR ROTK, new Top GunSE, I Robot, AND on whim based on a recco, I also purchased a 2004 DVD Concert Video of Cyndi Lauper "Live at Last" which she recorded in 5.1 at a little venue in Manhattan, NYC called The Town Hall on March 11, 2004. Well, if you are looking for reference quality to show off your center channel/vocals, just listen to Song #17 Time After Time. Close you eyes and you truly feel like you are there - I am not kidding. Its that intense - from the reverb on her mike comes right through the speakers beautifully. Check it out. If you know me, you know I have given only stellar recommendations in the past.

Btw, the sonic quality of most of the other songs are pretty good as well.
    Last edited by Adz; 16 December 2004, 20:49 Thursday. Reason: Screwed up! Not DTS but only DD5.1. Nonetheless my opinion still stands!
    Adz
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Thanks for the heads up on the Cyndi Lauper live DVD. I just ordered a copy.

BTW, ever heard of the husband and wife duo of Tuck and Patti ? Patti, who does the vocals, sounds similar to Nina Simone/Tracy Chapman. Check out their cover of Time after Time. http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...le=music&Bab=E
    Last edited by Glen B; 16 December 2004, 14:23 Thursday.

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

I just got the Cyndi Lauper Live CD delivered today by UPS and popped it in the DVD player. Adam, song #17, Time after Time is just as you described. On the whole, a nice DVD and excellent recommendation.

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

I saw Cyndi Lauper live a couple years ago (she opened for Cher). She puts on a great show, and she's one of my favorites from the 80s. I'll have to grab a copy after the holiday madness is over.

Comment

• Spearmint
          • Sep 2004

Hey thanks for the info on this DVD, I was going to buy it local, but have just looked it up and the track listing is slightly different to the R1 release. It could be a typo, will look in the shops tomorrow to confirm.

EZY DVD

Look at tracks 15~17.
          Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Adz
            • Jan 2004

The version in the States has 19 tracks, the only difference being "Program Start" labeled as Track #1. So, on mine, everything is moved up one. Far and way, the two best songs in terms of sonic quality are True Colors and Time after Time. Let's hear your feedback after you pick it up.
            Adz

Comment

• Spearmint
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Adz
              The version in the States has 19 tracks, the only difference being "Program Start" labeled as Track #1. So, on mine, everything is moved up one. Far and way, the two best songs in terms of sonic quality are True Colors and Time after Time. Let's hear your feedback after you pick it up.
              Okay thanks,

I went and had a look at the R4 release and it is only labeled as DD5.1 audio, I also checked a couple of DVD sites in the US and they also only list it as DD5.1. Because you said in the title of this thread is in DTS, I never got the R4 copy; can you confirm it is available in R1 with DTS soundtrack?

Never mind just read your first post, with the edit at the bottom. Okay I will grab a copy tomorrow, and let you know what I think...
              Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I love when they get the mix and sonics right on concert DVD's. I'll put this on my wish list.
                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"