X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

This is the Blu-ray concert I've been waiting for

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 will be released on November 19, 2013. I cannot wait. In anticipation I have been watching:
    • Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004
    • Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007
    • Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010

All of them are excellent concerts.

Here is the set list for Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013. If anyone out there can find more musicians of this standard playing such a wide range of wonderful music in such a high quality audio and video format (I haven't seen the Blu-ray yet so I'm guessing but I know Eric's standards) for the measly sum of $19.99 from Amazon please let me know and I'll gladly eat my hat.

Disc 1
    1. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
    2. Spider Jiving - Eric Clapton with Andy Fairweather Low
    3. Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton with Vince Gill
    4. Time Is Tight - Booker T. with Steve Cropper
    5. Born Under A Bad Sign - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb Mo , Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
    6. Green Onions - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb Mo , Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
    7. Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
    8. Everyday I Have The Blues - The Robert Cray Band with B.B. King, Eric Clapton & Jimmie Vaughan
    9. Next Of Kindred Spirit - Sonny Landreth
    10. Cry - Doyle Bramhall II with Alice Smith
    11. Bullet And A Target - Doyle Bramhall II with Citizen Cope
    12. She s Alright - Doyle Bramhall II with Gary Clark Jr.
    13. This Time - Earl Klugh
    14. Mirabella - Earl Klugh
    15. Heavenly Bodies - Kurt Rosenwinkel
    16. Big Road Blues - Kurt Rosenwinkel with Eric Clapton
    17. Next Door Neighbor Blues - Gary Clark Jr.
    18. Queen Of California - John Mayer
    19. Don t Let Me Down John Mayer with Keith Urban
    20. Damn Right, I ve Got The Blues - Buddy Guy with Robert Randolph & Quinn Sullivan
    21. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad - The Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton
    22. Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band
    Disc 2
    1. Congo Square - Sonny Landreth with Derek Trucks
    2. Change It - John Mayer with Doyle Bramhall II
    3. Ooh-Ooh-Ooh - Jimmie Vaughan
    4. Save The Last Dance For Me - Blake Mills with Derek Trucks
    5. Don t Worry Baby - Los Lobos
    6. I Got To Let You Know - Los Lobos with Robert Cray
    7. The Needle And The Damage Done - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
    8. Midnight Rider - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
    9. I Ain t Living Long Like This - Vince Gill with Albert Lee
    10. Tumbling Dice Vince Gill with Keith Urban & Albert Lee
    11. Walkin Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb Mo
    12. Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb Mo
    13. When My Train Pulls In - Gary Clark Jr.
    14. Please Come Home - Gary Clark Jr.
    15. Going Down - Jeff Beck with Beth Hart
    16. Mná Na Héireann - Jeff Beck
    17. Key To The Highway Eric Clapton with Keith Richards
    18. I Shall Be Released - Eric Clapton with Robbie Robertson
    19. Gin House Blues - Andy Fairweather Low with Eric Clapton
    20. Got To Get Better In A Little While - Eric Clapton
    21. Crossroads - Eric Clapton
    22. Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton
    23. High Time We Went - Ensemble

Nigel.
    Attached Files
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Quite the impressive line-up, Nigel.

And as you say, for $20, it should be everyone's library if just as a reference.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Very cool. I'll add it to my Amazon wish list.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Looks awesome!
        -Chuck

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

I have the 2013 blu on order from Amazon UK. Can't wait! The 2010 concert disc does duty here at least once a week. Can't get enough of B.B.King's "The Thrill Has Gone".
          The sound of the 2010 concert blu-ray is incredible. One word: Perfect!!!

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by ShadowZA
            I have the 2013 blu on order from Amazon UK. Can't wait! The 2010 concert disc does duty here at least once a week. Can't get enough of B.B.King's "The Thrill Has Gone".
            The sound of the 2010 concert blu-ray is incredible. One word: Perfect!!!
            Hi Lucien,

I've had the 2013 Blu-ray for a week now and it has met all my expectations. I could write a 5 page review but no-one would read it, except you perhaps. Clapton is loyal to his friends and it's interesting to see how they have a) repaid his loyalty with their contributions to this festival and b) aged since the 2010 festival. I look younger now of course but most of them don't, except Clapton who is looking better than ever and playing some of the best lead breaks of his life. I am amazed at the dexterity of his 68 year old fingers. The biggest difference this time is the dark interior of Madison Square Garden compared to the bright sunlight of Toyota Stadium in Chicago. New York has brought more structure, which has its pluses but there's less spontaneity this time, even if the love and mutual respect are stronger than ever. Standouts this time for me apart from Clapton were Booker T, Doyle Bramhall II, Derek Trucks, and the Allman Brothers Band, but I'll leave you to give us the full story in your 5 page review. No pressure...

Nigel.

Comment

• ShadowZA
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
              Hi Lucien,

I've had the 2013 Blu-ray for a week now and it has met all my expectations. I could write a 5 page review but no-one would read it, except you perhaps. Clapton is loyal to his friends and it's interesting to see how they have a) repaid his loyalty with their contributions to this festival and b) aged since the 2010 festival. I look younger now of course but most of them don't, except Clapton who is looking better than ever and playing some of the best lead breaks of his life. I am amazed at the dexterity of his 68 year old fingers. The biggest difference this time is the dark interior of Madison Square Garden compared to the bright sunlight of Toyota Stadium in Chicago. New York has brought more structure, which has its pluses but there's less spontaneity this time, even if the love and mutual respect are stronger than ever. Standouts this time for me apart from Clapton were Booker T, Doyle Bramhall II, Derek Trucks, and the Allman Brothers Band, but I'll leave you to give us the full story in your 5 page review. No pressure...

Nigel.
              Now I really can't wait for the disc to land! Thanks for the mini-review, Nigel. I believe that discs like this serve to truly immortalize the works of these most seasoned and talented musicians.
              Keep on enjoying!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"