• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Alan Parsons "A Valid Path" CD

Image hosted by Amazon

I picked up this CD the aother day as I was browsing A&B Sound. I have always been a huge fan of Alan Parsons, and could not resist a new album that Features David Gilmour, The Crystal Method, Voice Cameo from Jon Cleese.

While the Album seemed to have a different sound that typical Parsons stuff, I found lot of recognizable tones. There is one track (#7) A "Recurring Dream within a Dream" That will be recognized buy all parsons fans... Sorry I don't want to give it away. I thought at first, hey this is.. then I realized it purpose

One particular track i like is # 6 "L'Arc En Ciel" This is one awesome sounding track :T In fact I find the sound quality of the whole CD to be above par. It has very good bass which is working out my new sub well.

The first track was fitting to play while passing out halloween candy tonight.

All in all I'm happy to have added this to my collection, different as it may be from other Parsons albums.
    Bing
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

....hmmm interesting....If it is in stores I'll pick it up as I too as I am a fan of Alan Parson's and Crystal method......interesting mix!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Hey Bam, it is a different album, with all the guest appearances, however I find I'm liking it.

Track 1 features David Gilmour
      Track 2 features P.J Olsson
      Track 3 features Jeremy Parsons (Alan's Son)
      Track 4 features Crystal Method
      Track 5 features Nortec Collective
      Track 6 features Uberzone
      Track 8 features Deep E
      Track 9 has a special guest apperance from John Cleese

The Bass is Excellent in this album :T esp Track 6
      Bing

Comment

• ArnoldLayne
        • Aug 2004

AP is working on a multi-channel DVD-Audio release too.

Cheers
        AL

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

If I would have seen a Hi res version of this I would have definitly picked it up. Still this Red Book CD has a good sound stage with lots of depth front to back.
          Bing

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"