X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdram
    • Mar 2005

Best $79 Tweek

For all you analog lovers our there, this is one great product. To digress, I got back into vinyl last year...purchased an entry level Project turntable to get back to all those vinyl disc's I've had in storage for years. It's been a blast spinning vinyl again, but to be honest, doing so brought back all the issues dealing with a turntable that made CD's such a success. One of the bugaboo's I've been dealing with is acoustic feedback. I don't have an ideal place to put the turntable, so it ended up sitting on the top shelf (glass) of my rack, right next to a speaker. Not sure if it was placement, or just the fact I was using a $300 turntable with the limitations of a rig in this price range, but I was getting noticeable acoustic feedback. I could almost here the raising...lowering of the dust cover...rumbling at the end of the tracks, and as such, was always hesitant to raise the volume level during listening sessions. There are many products available to deal with this, but I stumbled upon this bargain during a google search. Of all the tweeks available today with somewhat questionable benefits, here is one that actually works. The effect was immediate and definitely noticeable. I have only had a chance to listen to a couple records, but it seemed imaging was more detailed with much better focus, and volume level doesn't seem to be an issue. Definitely worth the price. Amazon has for $75.00. Get's a thumbs up from me. I will post further impressions as I have more time to listen.

The ISO-Tone™ Turntable Isolation Platform is specifically engineered to decouple turntables from the supporting surfaces they rest on. The ISO-Tone diminishes structural vibrations and commonly associated acoustic feedback associated with desktops and DJ cases.

Rich
    Last edited by rdram; 28 March 2015, 08:58 Saturday.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I am familiar with their subwoofer pad, though I have never heard one in action.

I recently reorganized my system & racks & found the table where my TT now resides induces sub-sonic resonance.
    I put some homemade absorption material under the feet to help dissipate some of the problem temporarily.

It seem your post is well timed to provide a permanent solution to my problem.

Thanks for the info, Rich!
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• rdram
      • Mar 2005

Pic attached so you can get an idea of size relative to Project TT. Would seem to be big enough to accommodate larger TT's with motors mounted exterior of platter.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Face
        • Mar 2007

If I turned it around and upside down, would there be any graphics showing and would it affect it's performance?
        SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Face
          • Mar 2007

Any idea on the weight capacity? My tt is around 35lbs.
          SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Both questions I was pondering myself.

I will be contacting Aualex via phone next week to get some more info.

From the website:

"The ISO-Tone features a 0.75″ layer of black fabric-wrapped MDF that floats on a layer of Auralex’s proprietary Platfoam that protects turntables from unwanted vibrations. The 17.75″ W x 14.25″ D x 1.75″ H"

The graphics are a severe drawback imho.
            But it appears it is fabric covered.
            I speculate it could be removed & a custom finish be applied to the MDF.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• rdram
              • Mar 2005

Face...

No idea of weight capacity, but I have a Velodyne subwoofer 40+ lbs. I put the subwoofer on the platform, with absolutely no visible effect. The foam seems to be substantial, as does the mdf base.

Bill,

Don't think you can remove the fabric from the MDF, and the foam is bonded to the entire bottom. See pic. It would seem beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I think the graphics are a nice touch, and not really visible with TT in place. Perhaps you could special order one without graphics?

Rich
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"