X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Planets, out of this world or at least across the continent

On October 1 and 2 of last year (remember, magazines are slow to print and I just found the article in Jan 2002 Stereophile), Steve Lauerman Audio Imports reported the following:

47 of the first shipment of 60 new Rega Planets with the new alloy finish were stolen. Details of where the theft occured were not provided. Might have been locally, but then again, perhaps not.
    Steve asked that if you hear of any of these for sale, that you contact Lauerman Imports immediately @

865-521-6464

There were only 13 distributed in the US through proper channels prior to the 47 getting gone. Pallet load was 60, so I am guessing that the theft occured right here in Knoxville, but I couldn't swear to it.

Laurman is based in Knoxville TN, that's right, the distributor for Rega is right in my home town!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Hmmm, fellas, should we conduct a search of Lex's basement ? :LOL:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Ballsy thieves if they actually try to sell them --- but then again, what would they do with that many other wise? I wonder if it was someone who was purposely trying trying to hurt the importer's business, rather than being in it for the machines themselves? (Despicable either way.)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

My bet is, they were on an ocean freight carrier within 2 days of being ripped, for an audiophile destination such as Japan, Singapore, or some such. I don't think they would try to sell them in the states. That's my bet.

Had I got them, I would have went for the Jupiters anyways. haha

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"