X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Linmuse
    • Nov 2004

Amps for PMC PB1i and CB6i

So I just got hold of the last new PMC PB1i and CB6i speakers in Australia for my home theatre/music room and want to beef up my amps to do these speakers justice.

My current 2ch system consists of Parasound JC-2BP preamp, Parasound A23 power amp, Simaudio Moon CD3.3, Velodyne DD15 sub.

I auditioned the PB1i's with Bryston 7BSST2 amps for stereo and thought this combo amazing but my budget won't stretch that far needing 3 of for the 3 fronts.

Looking at other options are, Bryston 6BSST2 3ch x 300w/ch, Moon 400M 3 x mono's 400w ea or stay with Parasound and get their new A31 3ch 250w/ch being the cheapest option.
    I know there are many other options out there but these three brands are known to me and available in Australia.

Does anyone have experience with any of these combinations or have any input into what might sound better with PMC speakers or the direction that I want to go. My listening is classic and modern guitar based rock, instrumental and vocals.
    I like my movies to but primarily a want a quality 2ch music system.

Bearing in mind I don't want to lose any sound quality in a 3ch amp for the convenience of a single box.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"