-Dan

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

I can relate.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I know that's the sad part... I think we've all gone through that exact same experience.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PewterTA
          I know that's the sad part... I think we've all gone through that exact same experience.
          LOL same here , side note I would love to have a full MBL system. One of if not the very best sounding system I have ever heard.

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Very amusing. I had a similar (scaled down) experience with an SACD that I thought was faulty until I figured out the "noise" was the creaking floorboards in the old church in which a piece had been recorded--during intense moments, the orchestra would cause their chairs to shift slightly and the miking was so close it picked up the creaking floor.

As for the MBL setup, I've heard a few at the Montreal audio show over the years. Always sound great (and always way out of my price range).

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

What SACD is that?! Sounds like I need to hear it!

I know I had it with Melody Gardot's - The Absence (Track 3 - So Long)... in there is a two clicking sounds (one from the left speaker, the other from the right) that happens throughout the song. The first time I heard the disc, I was busy and just wanted to hear it, so I put it on and turned it up and was wondering around the house listening. I came across the track and ended up re-playing it thinking it was fake analog clicks and pops or I also thought the CD hadn't been pressed correctly and there was some issue. I remember I looked at the disc then sat down and listened to it. IT was then that I realized the left speaker (I think it is) has someone flicking their check making a hollow popping sound. The right (or other speaker) has nails clicking on something hard, like granite or glass or something.... and if you don't have a good revealing system, it sound like clicks and pops in the song which is sort of annoying.

It was then, when I figured out what it was (which Melody confirmed it on her fb/twitter) after a bunch of people commented on the new disc with the same thing... that I had the exact same smile as the guy at the concert... I realized what I was able to resolve and other could not! ha ha!
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Nice. Very German.

Why would you put your CD in a waffle iron though?
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• maclick
                  • Dec 2011

Very funny, like the three glass doors.
                  Rotel RSX 1055

Comment

• Ovation
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by PewterTA
                    What SACD is that?! Sounds like I need to hear it!

I know I had it with Melody Gardot's - The Absence (Track 3 - So Long)... in there is a two clicking sounds (one from the left speaker, the other from the right) that happens throughout the song. The first time I heard the disc, I was busy and just wanted to hear it, so I put it on and turned it up and was wondering around the house listening. I came across the track and ended up re-playing it thinking it was fake analog clicks and pops or I also thought the CD hadn't been pressed correctly and there was some issue. I remember I looked at the disc then sat down and listened to it. IT was then that I realized the left speaker (I think it is) has someone flicking their check making a hollow popping sound. The right (or other speaker) has nails clicking on something hard, like granite or glass or something.... and if you don't have a good revealing system, it sound like clicks and pops in the song which is sort of annoying.

It was then, when I figured out what it was (which Melody confirmed it on her fb/twitter) after a bunch of people commented on the new disc with the same thing... that I had the exact same smile as the guy at the concert... I realized what I was able to resolve and other could not! ha ha!
                    It was a Telarc SACD (surprising, as they were known for careful recording techniques). I wasn't overly fond of the disc (blind buy) and I'm pretty sure I gave it away to someone years ago (don't have it on my shelf, at any rate). If you're really that curious, I can try to find out which one it was, but it was nothing spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"