X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

What happened to Audiogon?

For the past week or two I've been looking for some items, but there seems to be nothing now compared to the way it use to be. For example, do a search on integrated amps.. before it use to be a very long list. Search for Rotel, and it's but a few items. I've been looking around, but it seems to be dying now.

Has it been this way for a while now? Or is it just my timing? I've just never seen it such few items being sold before.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

For better or worse (mostly worse from what I've read) they have done a major upgrade to their system. Unfortunately a lot of things still don't work right, and I think they're losing a lot of customers in the process. It's really very sad, as it used to be the go-to site for selling gear. Don't know if they'll ever recover from their bad decisions and mistakes. Here's a more detailed thread on the subject if you're interested:

Audiogon's new format
    Brad

Comment

• kpodolski
      • Jun 2006

Audiogon as we knew it is done. Stick a fork in it. My friends and I use to buy/sell quite frequently pre-update. Now, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' cattle prod.

Thanks for the link Brad. Didn't see that one. Irony is, the "new" AVS kinda blows too since they "improved" the site. I don't visit it quite as much as I use to......
      The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kpodolski
        Irony is, the "new" AVS kinda blows too since they "improved" the site. I don't visit it quite as much as I use to......
        Agreed!
        Brad

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dodohandbag
          在过去的两个星期,我一直在寻找一些项目,但似乎没有什么相比,现在的方式使用。例如,做一个搜索集成放大 器... 之前,它使用的是一个很长的名单。rotel,搜索,但它的几个项目。我一直在寻找,但似乎到 现在快死了。 有一段时间,现在是这样吗?或者它只是我的时间吗?我从没见过它被出售之前的几个项目。

Edited by Kevin P - Translated from Chinese: In the past two weeks, I have been looking for some of the projects, but it seems nothing compared to now use.For example, do a search for the integrated amplifier ... before, it is a very long list. rotel, search, but several of its projects. I was looking for, but it seems to dying. There was a time, now is that so? Or it's just my time? I've never seen before it was sold several projects.

We speak English here, dodohandbag...

Huh??? Have no idea what this person is saying at all
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kpodolski
            Audiogon as we knew it is done. Stick a fork in it. My friends and I use to buy/sell quite frequently pre-update. Now, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' cattle prod.

Thanks for the link Brad. Didn't see that one. Irony is, the "new" AVS kinda blows too since they "improved" the site. I don't visit it quite as much as I use to......
            How do you drive a slow car fast if it's slow??????

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by madmac
              How do you drive a slow car fast if it's slow??????
              Skill, with a road coarse a technically fast car could be slower then a car that in a technical sense is slower. The drivers skill can easily make up for the difference in performance.

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by madmac
                Huh??? Have no idea what this person is saying at all
                Same here.
                I started reading this, then realized it's just my post translated with an online translator (the grammar is incorrect). I have no idea why that person did that. lol

Originally posted by Hdale85
                Skill, with a road coarse a technically fast car could be slower then a car that in a technical sense is slower. The drivers skill can easily make up for the difference in performance.
                i.e., a rookie driver with a Porsche would lose to a skilled driver with a Civic on a track.
                Very true! :B
                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Face
                  • Mar 2007

Check out www.USAudioMart.com
                  SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• kpodolski
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by dodohandbag
                    在过去的两个星期,我一直在寻找一些项目,但似乎没有什么相比,现在的方式使用。例如,做一个搜索集成放大 器... 之前,它使用的是一个很长的名单。rotel,搜索,但它的几个项目。我一直在寻找,但似乎到 现在快死了。 有一段时间,现在是这样吗?或者它只是我的时间吗?我从没见过它被出售之前的几个项目。

Edited by Kevin P - Translated from Chinese: In the past two weeks, I have been looking for some of the projects, but it seems nothing compared to now use.For example, do a search for the integrated amplifier ... before, it is a very long list. rotel, search, but several of its projects. I was looking for, but it seems to dying. There was a time, now is that so? Or it's just my time? I've never seen before it was sold several projects.

We speak English here, dodohandbag...

WTF?!
                    The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by audioqueso
                      Same here.
                      I started reading this, then realized it's just my post translated with an online translator (the grammar is incorrect). I have no idea why that person did that. lol

i.e., a rookie driver with a Porsche would lose to a skilled driver with a Civic on a track.

I live in Montreal, Quebec which is a french city and I frequently use Google Translate to write in French. Some of the translations it comes up with though are truly laughable. :rofl:

Comment

• Kevin P
                        • Aug 2000

Same here.
                        Because he's an idiot spammer. I'll dispose of him as soon as I finish typing this. :frypan:

Comment

• wkhanna
                          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2006

Well done, Kevin.
                          As usual. :T

Does dodohandbag come out as Pooper Scooper when you run it through the Translator?
                          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• impala454
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Oct 2007

Hell this even happens at the drag strip
                            -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"