X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdiciple
    • Nov 2005

4 more B&W Audiogon Scams.

How do we find off scam in Audiogon world?

Found three that for sure are another scams on the loose:

Some of the pictures appears to be stolen from just ended ebay auction.

Added>> This also looks very suspicous.
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

So, is it possible the seller ended teh ebay auction and then put them on audiogon??

I wouldn't necesarily ASSUME all low prices are scams.

Comment

• tdiciple
      • Nov 2005

Granted, the last one might not be a scam. I am not sure.

However the first three are for sure scammers. I contacted the seller for one of the auction and he does not sell them on audiogon. He just sold it on ebay for 3200, why would he post them at audiogon for 2600?

Comment

• dan87951
        • Nov 2005

Like the old saying goes if its to good to be true it probably is.... 802's for $2600? I wish!
        dan87951
        audio guru

Comment

• tdiciple
          • Nov 2005

Even more ridiculous, Nautilus 800, for $3000.00

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Unfortunately these type of things are like waves in a ocean, you cant stop them.But they will die down as soon as more and more people are educated about how to spot and deal with these idiots. Look at Ebay, tons of these auctions go on every day, and more and more no one is bidding on them. There will always be crooks wherever the money is, so we just have to learn to deal with them in a proper manor. :a>
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• dan87951
              • Nov 2005

"Hello there,
              I am glad that you are interested in my B&w CDM 7Nt ..LIKE NEW.
              I will sell it for half of his real value because I need a quick payment.....900usd. We'll close the deal through AUDIOGON and they will contact you with further assintance once we agree. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you . Also, a refund policy will be included."

THis is the response I got back for the 7NT's. I told him I live in the area and I wanted to pick them up!
              dan87951
              audio guru

Comment

• Jeff
                • Dec 2004

Yesterday, I told him I was going to be in the area and wanted to listen to them and if I liked the 800D's I would pay and take them with me. He hasn't responded.

He's likely away getting some shipping materials ready for me. :rofl:

Audiogone has just sent me an email. Said they were investigating this guy and wanted to know if I had purchased anything, etc.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"