X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Spotify

I didn't see any "main" thread about Spotify so I figured I'd start one, and here's the specific question I can seem to find: Has anyone tried the "enhanced sound" included with the spotify premium? I'm just curious what all that entails, can't seem to find much detail easily.
    -Chuck
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Ok finally found it, here's the info if anyone cares:
    Here to help! Find out how to set up and use Spotify. Learn about features, troubleshoot issues, and get answers to questions. Everything you need to stay in tune. For listeners, artists, brands, developers and music fans alike.

What quality does Spotify stream in?
    We use the Ogg Vorbis format for streaming. There are three quality ratings that we use:

q3 (~96 kbps)
    q5 (~160 kbps)
    q9 (~320 kbps)
    Note: not all tracks are currently available in high bitrate.
    Desktop: Streams are q5 quality. Premium subscribers can enable higher bit rate streaming at q9 from the preferences menu.

Mobile: A higher quality q5 is offered, along with a “low bandwidth” option of q3. You can choose separate qualities ratings for streaming and synching in the More tab of your Spotify mobile app.
    -Chuck

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Have been running as a Premium customer at Spotify for the last year or so. Very happy about it - especially is combined with Sonos as the integration there is close to perfect if you use your iPad as a remote.
      However it is in my opinion still only for casual listening. If I find something I like I still purchase it on CD, and if I really think the music is great then LP is it.
      But boy do I save a lot of money on the top 50 charts. Most of it is forgotten after 6 months anyway..

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Yeah a Sonos has been on my shopping list for a while, sounds like an awesome integration. I definitely still purchase the CD on stuff I like as well.
        -Chuck

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"