X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

I remember.....

...when I could go out back and I had my own man cave audio room. Sigh. Can't wait to get back home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speakers.webp
Views:	55
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	939337

] Click image for larger version

Name:	TeresVerusManley.webp
Views:	53
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	939338

I also remember, back in the first days of public access to the internet, meeting Lex on one of the earliest audio/ht forums. Lex became a moderator and I was given some b.s. title like audio advisor. Until, the owner of the site emailed me and said, " If you continue to include any posts about tubes or analog you are no longer welcomed here. Everybody knows that solid state and digital are superior, period."
    Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 13:50 Thursday. Reason: Update image location
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Bob
    Lex became a moderator and I was given some b.s. title like audio advisor. Until, the owner of the site emailed me and said, " If you continue to include any posts about tubes or analog you are no longer welcomed here. Everybody knows that solid state and digital are superior, period."
    LOL... that's funny.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Audioqueso, yeah it is funny. People make the mistake of thinking new technology is always better. Not always so. I can't even remember what year it was, probably sometime in the late 1980's.

I looked at your profile and see we have some things in common. I also love to work out and after being attacked by a guy with a hatchet started including mma. Primarily Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, to old for anything else. I like it because it has practical real world uses. Pretty much get my a** handed to me 3 nights a week by a much younger group of guys. Which techniques do you study?

Comment

• r100gs
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Bob
        ...when I could go out back and I had my own man cave audio room. Sigh. Can't wait to get back home.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Speakers.webp Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	939337

] Click image for larger version  Name:	TeresVerusManley.webp Views:	0 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	939338

I also remember, back in the first days of public access to the internet, meeting Lex on one of the earliest audio/ht forums. Lex became a moderator and I was given some b.s. title like audio advisor. Until, the owner of the site emailed me and said, " If you continue to include any posts about tubes or analog you are no longer welcomed here. Everybody knows that solid state and digital are superior, period."
        Nice room Bob. :T Tell us more about the equipment pictured?
        Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 13:51 Thursday. Reason: Update qutoe
        Jay

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

Thanks Jay,
          It's listed in my profile. The top is just my Vandersteen speakers and the Audio Research amps and, some of the room treatments. The room treatments were necessary because the building is almost square. Originally it was my HT, if I had known that it would end up being a audio room I would have designed it so that room treatments weren't necessary. Not long after this picture was taken I redid the walls using the Richard Hardesty method for room treatment. I have another thread here that shows the room with my wife using it (Bobs audio/record sale)go to the 3rd post and click on thumbnail. Using Richard's method you have no idea that it has been acoustically treated.

Oh, I forgot. After I put in the surfboard rack I noticed a more focused image and better bass. So, I put one on the other side too. I guess it acted as a diffuser. You know what they say, even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a acorn.

Probably what you don't recognize is the bottom. The box that says Verus is a speed control box for the TT motor. The the other one is just the power supply for the Manley Steelhead phono stage.

The ugly stand is a sandbox stand I made. If I remember right, I think it took 3 50lbs bags of sand to fill it. Since the Teres table is a mass table I felt a mass stand made the most sense. Seemed to work, I could give the stand a pretty good whack with my hand and no vibration went to the needle.
          Last edited by Bob; 26 May 2011, 10:37 Thursday.

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Wow....check out the turntable !!! Nice !!
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

Here is a picture of the teres TT I had before. It had a thinner platter and thinner plinth. Also, no rim motor. Obviously I like their turntables. Both my Super Scoutmaster and my Scoutmaster tables perform better in regards to speed control however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teres-1.webp
Views:	46
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	939339
              Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 13:52 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Whoa...
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"