OT - Why doesn't this forum remember me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejfiii
    • May 2003

OT - Why doesn't this forum remember me?

This is the only BBS that I am a member of that doesn't remember my username and password out of about 30 that I actively participate in. Nor can I receive email notifications or subscribe to any threads.

Is there something I am missing? Every time I post I check the box to remember me and email me as it gets updated. But it never sticks. Even when I go one minute after a post to make an edit, it doesn't know who I am.

It is not an IE or Windows setting, trust me.

Thanks for any help on this conundrum.

E. J.

My HT
    My HT
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

I have this conundrum too. Just have not bothered to mention it.

Comment

• sdecker
      • Jun 2002

Add me too the list. This is the only forum that gives me this problem.

Earle

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

This is the only BBS that I am a member of that doesn't remember my username and password out of about 30 that I actively participate in. Nor can I receive email notifications or subscribe to any threads.
        Maybe we just don't like you! :LOL:

Sorry couldn't resist. What you need to do is go to the main HTGuide page (http://www.htguide.com/cfboards and at the bottom you'll see a place to log in. do that and check of the remember me box and you should be good to go.

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

Hi Andrew,

What about the email notifications. I never get any emails when I subscribe to a thread.

Thanks for your help,
          Maziar

Comment

• ejfiii
            • May 2003

Thanks Andrew, worked like a charm. I guess thats what I get for having my favorite lead directly to the Rotel forum.

E. J.

My HT
            My HT

Comment

• greggz
              • Jun 2002

Originally posted by mazuly
              What about the email notifications. I never get any emails when I subscribe to a thread.
              Ditto, same problem here.

Gregg
              Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

On the email problem post a message in the admin area at the bottom of the main page (yes you have to leave Club Rotel again :LOL: ) and see what mats has to say about it.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

It took me a while to figure out that sign-in on the main page thing too ops: ...Still no luck with email notifications though :? :?: Is anybody actually getting them?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                  Jason

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Gentlemen, you do have to visit the rest of the forum now and again for answers to some things. In fact, we wish more of you would visit the rest of the forum not just for answers but to participate and become HTGer's, not just Club Rotelers!

Now, here's the facts. HTG is on different software than all other forums. Why? Because Mats, my partner wrote this software in a business venture to create forum software and sell it to others, thus he likes managing it, as it's not only easier to maintain for him, but it also gives us more power to make other changes. With that can come some problems though, like the email me if someone posts to this thread thing. Hell, it's never worked. I apologize for that. We have worked through a lot of issues previously and Mats has done a fine job taking care of those things. I'll tell Mats one more time, we need that working and if he can't make it work to remove the damn thing. That's my frustration showing through, lol.

Now, if I see another thread like this over here, it will be moved to Admin. Please post in the correct area and anything regarding forum functionality belongs in the Admin area where my partner checks these things.

thanks,
                    Lex
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ejfiii
                      • May 2003

I hear you Lex. But this is a continuation, so I'll leave it here.

I woke up this morning to an inbox full of old forum subscription emails. Dating from July to November. So maybe Lex's friend is working on this problem as we speak?

BTW Lex, don't sweat it. Its really not a big deal here.

E. J.

My HT
                      My HT

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Yes Mats is busy working on it as we speak.

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

I received a few notifications in my email!

Now if I could figure out why I can't get on to this forum going through my router, only if I plug directly in to my modem....? :?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                          Jason

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"