X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mb225
    • Jan 2009

Mcintosh MEN220

Has anyone ever used (or demoed) a Mcintosh MEN 220 “Room Perfect” system? I have been reading a lot about adding a subwoofer to a system and I found this really interesting article:

Looks like the MEN220 will split the signal and send everything below a specific frequency to the sub and everything else to your mains (goes inline before amp). Or you can use it for true bi-amping. Plus it has a room correction system built in. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using it? Is it a valuable addition to a 2-channel system?
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

What is it you planned to do with it?

Just read this information online:

Advanced Digital Technologies Allow Users to “Fine-Tune” Audio Systems by Eliminating Room Interaction McIntosh Laboratory today announced the introduction of the MEN220 Room Correction System (SRP: $4,500). The MEN220 delivers a potent suite of digital Room Correction, Custom-EQ and 2-Way Crossover capabilities in one easy-to-use stereo component that allows users to “fine-tune” the characteristics of […]

Anyway, there are definite advantages to speaker and room correction.

I've been considering this product, to use as a crossover for my 3 way speaker build.

DEQX Audio Processors The new DEQX Gen4 speaker calibration and room correction processors feature an order-of-magnitude improvement in resolution, all-new digital and analog hardware and unparalleled connectivity. LS200 Integrated Power Pre-4 Digital Preamp Pre-8 Advanced HD-Active Subscribe for News Key features Introducing the DEQX Cloud The DEQX Gen4 processors interface over the network to the ... Read more

There is the DEQX HDP-3 for $3950 and the HDP-Express for $1950. They don't really tell what the differences between the two are though. They both have the same functions.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• mb225
      • Jan 2009

My plan is to add it to a 2-channel system and use the crossover to send everything above 80 Hz to the mains and everything below 80 Hz to subs. I'm pretty confident it can do that. My questions are:
      1) Has anyone used the room perfect mode? Does it do anything? Is it worth the cost?
      2) Can it delay the signal to the hi/low pass to get everything lined up in phase? Does it calculate phase automatically (using the mic) or do you need to do it manually?

The other option I was looking at was the DEQX but as you stated, it's $4k for the one with room correction and the McIntosh is $4,500. I just wanted to see if anyone uses the MEN220 or heard one. If so, what did you think?
      Last edited by mb225; 12 April 2011, 08:49 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"