X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Redefining my music

No, I haven't changed genres'. Rather, I just wanted to say something over here in "In Tune" about my new Classe' CP-35 pre-amp. Wow, has it ever opened up my ears to the music. I am achieving a new level of detail, previously unknown by me.

For years, I argued the virtues of Lexicon, and always told folks they were just wrong to think 2 channel could be done that much more right with a dedicated 2 channel pre-amp. Well, I like my crow served ah la cart I suppose. Because I have heard the music, and it's definitely a new level of clarity and detail. It's so accurate, at times you might think it bright if your sitting to close to it. But this is, as the music is supposed to be heard. Not toned down, not muffled, not masked, not one phase of the music boosted. Pure and simply, 2 channel stereo as intended.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's a mouth full for sure. I remember your position of the Lexicon's 2ch performance. So, for you to make the above statement means quite a bit... to me anyway.

I guess this means I'll have to look for a 2ch pre-amp now. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the new level of detail.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Great to hear, Lex!

You know, ThomasW and I would probably like to have a piece like that Classe', (my taste would run to the baby Ayre Preamp, but I had some input to that design), but ThomasW and I, being the gum chewing bottom feeding cheapskates that we are, we settled on Marchand Passive preamps, with a few tweaks. Same basic results, sonically, of course.

Now, about that new SACD player you need....

-Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

I noticed the same "ear opening" experience when going from my receiver to my amp/pre amp Musical Fidelity gear! It's amazing how much detail can be lost and/or discovered with different components. I find music MUCH MORE enjoyable now with my separates! Makes all that money spending worth it.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"