X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ski_merlin
    • Apr 2006

Help!! Werzi gurus ...

This is probably going to fall down the list quickly with no reponses but I need to try ... desperate for help on this one. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to go ...

My buddy is a fantastic pianist/keyboard player, but when we have been jamming lately he's had to play through two crappy 8" cube amps. It sucks. Why does it suck? Becuase he has two HUGE Werzi TS-5100 cabinets with broken heads. We're talking 15" subwoofer, 10" midwoofer, and a 1" loaded horn tweeter in a giant cabinet with a 3" thick baffle. I've never heard them play, but he said when he used to tour, even at larger indoor venues, he set the attenuation to -8 dB and it was still crazy loud ... it doesn't even go to 11! Doesn't need to.

Anyways, we removed the heads and took them over to a local amplifier repair guy ... he said he hasn't seen a Werzi for over 25 years (these were made in Germany in the early 80's). Took a look and said that the prevous owner just messed up some of the wiring: bad grounds and a faulty mute relay. Thing is, I CANNOT find a service manual or wiring schematic ANYWHERE!!!

It's a long shot, I know: but does ANYBODY have any experience with Werzi's that might be able to help? I've contacted some Werzi forums—few and far between—as well as Werzi dealers around the world, with no response as of yet.

So ... anybody? ;x(
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I'm a musician and I have no knowledge of Werzi stuff. All I can tell you is that a keyboard should be going through a full range PA system with good speakers and amplification and not through cube amps.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• ski_merlin
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by madmac
      I'm a musician and I have no knowledge of Werzi stuff. All I can tell you is that a keyboard should be going through a full range PA system with good speakers and amplification and not through cube amps.
      Haha, yeah. That's the problem!! The Werzis are pretty much godly, so hopefully we'll get them up and running soon.

This is the only picture I can find of them on the internet ...

Comment

• ski_merlin
        • Apr 2006

EDIT: also found a picture of the internals of the head ...

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Ok...those are full range monitors alright !! I hope you find a way to fix them. Good luck!
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"